Note: Originally posted at CodeBetter. Reposted with permission.
This is a very exciting time for Chocolatey! Over the past 5 years, there have been some amazing points in Chocolatey’s history. Now we are less than 10 days from another historical moment for Chocolatey – when licensed editions become available for purchase! This is the moment when we are able to offer features that enable businesses to better manage software through Chocolatey and offer non-free features to our community! This also marks when the community (and organizations) take the next step to ensure the longevity of Chocolatey for the next 10-20 years. I started this process with a dream and a Kickstarter and now it’s finally coming to fruition!
Here is a list of the licensed features that will be coming in May. I really think you are going to like what we’ve been cooking up:
- Package Builder (Business Only) - Create packages from software files/installers – Do you keep all the applications you install for your business internally somewhere? Chocolatey can automatically create packages for all the software your organization uses in under 5 minutes! – See it in action
- No more 404s – Alternate permanent download location for Professional customers. Read more…
- Malware protection / Virus scanning – Automatic protection from software flagged by multiple virus scanners – Read more…
- Integration with existing Antivirus – Great for businesses that don’t want to reach out to VirusTotal.
- Install Directory Switch – You no longer need to worry about the underlying directives to send to native installers to install software into special locations. You can **simply pass one directory switch to Chocolatey **and it will handle this for you. Read more...
- Support and prioritization of bugs and features for customers.
Sold! But How Do I Buy?
See compare for more information, trial, and pricing options.