What is Hacktoberfest?
Hacktoberfest is a celebration of open source by contributing code. Folks interested in contributing must submit 4 pull requests in the month of October to any participating issues. You must first sign up (register with GitHub) to participate. You can do that at https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/sign_up/register.
Best of all, when you submit those 4 pull requests, you qualify for a free T-Shirt from Digital Ocean.
Chocolatey is participating
Yes, Chocolatey is participating in #Hacktoberfest. All available issues for contributing towards a free t-shirt are labeled with Hacktoberfest. In the issues list you will find the following technologies:
So while you may not be familiar with C#, you may be familiar with PowerShell. If you are not familiar with either but you know Chocolatey inside and out, we always have a need for better documentation. Suggest some more things that you want to work on. We might even label them with Hacktoberfest!
How do I win a Chocolatey T-Shirt?
Here are the rules:
- You must submit at least one pull request to the choco GitHub repository based on one of the available hacktoberfest issues during the month of October.
- You must submit a total of 4 pull requests to qualify for #hacktoberfest participation.
- There must be a total of at least 5 pull requests submitted to the choco repository from 5 different folks during the month of October that are based on issues with the hacktoberfest label.
- Pull requests to choco should show they have met the CONTRIBUTING guidelines to be eligible for the shirt.
- Every eligible pull request counts as an entry. An individual submitting 3 pull requests to choco during the month of October will have three entries in the drawing.
- For each 10 unique individuals issuing pull requests to the Chocolatey GitHub repository, an additional shirt will be given away.
- Drawing will be done at random in November.
Some fine print:
- Not available to employees of RealDimensions Software, LLC or their immediate family.
- We reserve the right to limit the total number of giveaways.
- We reserve the right to determine eligibility for the Chocolatey T-Shirt.
- Winners agree to using an image and their name in a future blog post.
Let's see what you can do! Let's get Chocolatey!