Chocolatey Release Notes - Chocolatey Agent Service
This covers the release notes for the Chocolatey Agent Service (
chocolatey-agent) package, which covers Self-Service and Central Management client functionality. For more information, installation options, etc, please refer to Chocolatey Agent Service.
NOTE: This package is available to Chocolatey for Business (C4B) customers only.
Other Release Notes
- Refer to Open Source Release Notes as commercial editions build on top of open source.
- Chocolatey for Business (C4B) customers - also refer to Chocolatey Licensed Extension Release Notes and Chocolatey Central Management Release Notes.
- Please see https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey-licensed-issues/labels/AgentService
- Some issues may be held internally, please follow your support routes to learn more.
0.9.1 (April 30, 2019)
- Self-Service / Background Mode:
- Fix - Multiple quoted options being parsed incorrectly - see Licensed #78
0.9.0 (March 18, 2019)
- Central Management Reporting - Clients can now report into central management on a configurable basis. For more information, please see https://chocolatey.org/docs/features-chocolatey-central-management
- Self-Service / Background Mode:
0.8.1 (September 28, 2017)
- Fix - bump dependency on Chocolatey Licensed Extension to ensure user is created with complex password instead of created with no password and then updated with complex password.
0.8.0 (September 27, 2017)
- [Security] Use 'ChocolateyLocalAdmin' user and manage the user by default - using LocalSystem doesn't work well with all software installations. Using a local user that is an admin works much better for ensuring applications are installed. If you need the previous functionality, pass
/UseDefaultChocolateyConfigUser. This will use whatever Chocolatey is configured to use by default for new service installations. You can also pass in a username and optionally a password for a domain account or local administrator account.
- Upgrade - Pass
/NoRestartServiceto upgrade the service without shutting down the current running service. You will need to restart the service to take advantage of the new changes - see #26.
- Install/Upgrade - Pick username/password for runtime. Pass
/Username:value /Password:value2through package parameters.
- Install/Upgrade - Pass
/EnterPasswordthrough package parameters to have Chocolatey ask for the user password at runtime during installation. Captures as a secure string.
0.7.0 (June 27, 2017)
- Fix - Use a URI with WCF named pipes that doesn't exclusively hold a lock on the root (blocking other services) - see #12.
- Fix - Allow chocolatey.lib (not just calls from choco.exe) to run self-service.
0.6.0 (March 20, 2017)
- Sources must be opted in for self-service if the feature
UseBackgroundServiceWithSelfServiceSourcesOnlyis turned on. This is automatically the case with Chocolatey Licensed v1.10.0+ (and Chocolatey 0.10.4+).
- Fix - Sources using nupkg/nuspec were being allowed. This is now disabled as well.
0.5.0 (January 14, 2017)
- New pattern for dependencies requires a reload of the interface that works between the Agent and Chocolatey.Extension, requiring a bump in the sub v1.
0.4.0 (January 4, 2017)
- Streams logging messages back to the caller in realtime
- Audits disallowed calls / attempted abuses of the service
- Only runs Chocolatey functions
- Ensures installation from approved sources only
- Receives and passes user context to Chocolatey functions.
- Works exclusively with Chocolatey for Business - checks passcode prior to running command
- Processes one command at a time with locking algorithm