Heading down a sweet road.
NOTE: This is not always going to be updated, one can take a look at the issues list here and in the chocolatey.org repositories.
- Validation on choco pack (subset of the package-validator)
- Official support for OneGet/PackageManagement - Prioritizing
- GPG package signing - likely sometime in 2017
- Validating authenticodes - see #643
Not allowing package installs that don't have checksums by default when using non-secure resources like HTTP/FTP - see #112released in 0.10.0
- Nuspec enhancements - supported versions of Windows, etc
- Packaging enhancements - like package version, architecture
- Virtual packages
- WSA Support
- Windows Nano Support - likely Q2 2017 (switching to .NET Standard/Core)
Self-Service Installs (Non-Admins)released in Jan 2017
- Chocolatey Central Console
- Package Modernizer
- Package Sync command
- finding existing packages
- building packages on the fly with sync (business edition)
Package Builder - create packages from Programs and Features- released in Q3 2016 Right Click- released in Q3 2016
Create Chocolatey Package...(business editions)
Package Builder UI (business edition)- released in Q3 2016
- Package Builder UI (pro edition without the auto detection)
- Possibly a business edition gallery with features specific to business needs.
- Adding back in search box
- Converting rest of site
- Kickstarter backers
- Add blog
VirusTotal scans of all packages and downloaded binaries- Completed Feb 2016
- Locking down HTTP without checksums
- Locking down packages without checksums
Thoughts for future directions (undecided directions)
- Pluggable compositional model
Disclaimer: The information included in this roadmap does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a promise or commitment by RealDimensions Software, LLC (Chocolatey) to develop, market, or deliver any particular product, feature, or function. The timing and content of RealDimensions Software, LLC (Chocolatey) future product releases could differ materially from the expectations discussed in this document. RealDimensions Software, LLC (Chocolatey) reserves the right to change it product plans or roadmap at any time.