Heading down a sweet road.
- Licensed Chocolatey
- Thoughts for future directions (undecided directions)
NOTE: This is not always going to be updated, one can take a look at the issues list here and in the chocolatey.org repositories.
- Validation on choco pack (subset of the package-validator)
- Official support for OneGet/PackageManagement - Prioritizing
- GPG package signing - likely sometime in 2018
- Authenticode package signing - likely sometime in 2018
- Validating authenticode - see #643
Not allowing package installs that don't have checksums by default when using non-secure resources like HTTP/FTP - see #112released in 0.10.0
- Nuspec enhancements - supported versions of Windows, etc
- Packaging enhancements - like package version, architecture
- Virtual packages
- WSA Support
- Windows Nano Support - likely first half of 2018 (switching to .NET Standard/Core) to support running in that environment.
Other items as noted at https://github.com/chocolatey/choco - be sure to check the milestone for estimated release version.
Self-Service Installs (Non-Admins)released in Jan 2017
- Chocolatey Central Console
Package Throttle - reduce download speeds for low bandwidth areas- released in Q1 2017 (March)
- Package Modernizer
- Package Sync command:
- finding existing packages
building packages on the fly with sync (business edition)released in Jan 2017 Package Builder - create packages from Programs and Features- released in Q3 2016 Right Click- released in Q3 2016
Create Chocolatey Package...(business editions)
Package Builder UI (business edition)- released in Q3 2016 Package Builder UI (pro edition without the auto detection)- released Q1 2017
- Possibly a business edition gallery with features specific to business needs.
Others as noted at https://github.com/chocolatey-licensed-issues.
Adding back in search box- completed Q1 2018
- Converting rest of site
Kickstarter backers- https://chocolatey.org/kickstarters Add blog- https://chocolatey.org/blog VirusTotal scans of all packages and downloaded binaries- Completed Feb 2016 Locking down non-secure downloads in packages (HTTP) without checksums- completed Aug 2016
- Locking down secure downloads in packages (HTTPS) without checksums
Others as noted at https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey.org/issues.
Thoughts for future directions (undecided directions)
- Pluggable compositional model
Disclaimer: The information included in this roadmap does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a promise or commitment by Chocolatey Software, Inc (Chocolatey Software) to develop, market, or deliver any particular product, feature, or function. The timing and content of Chocolatey Software future product releases could differ materially from the expectations discussed in this document. Chocolatey Software reserves the right to change product plans or roadmap at any time.