Downloads of v 2.10.0
Zero Install is a decentralized cross-platform software-installation system available under the LGPL. It allows software developers to publish programs directly from their own web-sites, while supporting features familiar from centralized distribution repositories such as shared libraries, automatic updates and digital signatures. It is intended to complement, rather than replace, the operating system’s package management. 0install packages never interfere with those provided by the distribution.
Zero Install does not define a new packaging format; unmodified tarballs or zip archives can be used. Instead, it defines an XML metadata format to describe these packages and the dependencies between them. A single metadata file can be used on multiple platforms (e.g. Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD and Mac OS X).
Zero Install also has some interesting features not often found in traditional package managers. For example, while it will share libraries whenever possible, it can always install multiple versions of a package in parallel when there are conflicting requirements. Installation is always side-effect-free (each package is unpacked to its own directory and will not touch shared directories), making it ideal for use with sandboxing technologies and virtualization.
To install Zero Install (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install 0install.portable
To upgrade Zero Install (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade 0install.portable
$packageName = '0install.portable' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'https://0install.de/files/zero-install.zip' $checksum = 'da86c8f823960756bf92a0324481e01ceff2cdaf' $checksumType = 'sha1' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- 0install.portable.2.10.0.nupkg (059e59f20ed9) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- zero-install.zip (29b1f8976591) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2010 Bastian Eicher, Simon E. Silva Lauinger
|Zero Install (Portable) 2.10.0||1660||Saturday, February 13, 2016||approved|
|Zero Install (Portable) 2.9.7||2654||Friday, January 22, 2016||approved|
|Zero Install (Portable) 2.8.2||2150||Wednesday, June 3, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Zero Install (Portable) Package
- This discussion is only about Zero Install (Portable) and the Zero Install (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Zero Install (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.