Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.52:
- Samuel Vasko
Tags:console terminal cli
This is not the latest version of Cmder available.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of Cmder available.
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 6/3/2015.
Cmder is a software package created out of pure frustration over absence of usable console emulator on Windows. It is based on ConEmu with major config overhaul. Monokai color scheme, amazing clink and custom prompt layout.
The main advantage of Cmder is portability. It is designed to be totally self-contained with no external dependencies, that is makes it great for USB Sticks or Dropbox. So you can carry your console, aliases and binaries (like wget, curl and git) with you anywhere.
Combines utility of 3 distinct tools:
Console emulator = Conemu
Cmd.exe enhancements = clink
Unix tools on windows = msysgit
This package uncompresses to 250 MB and includes Unix commands via msysgit
See cmdermini (7 MB) for basic console without msysgit
By default, this package installs into $BinRoot\cmder
- Cmder.184.108.40.206.nupkg (725d737c5dd5) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Cmder 1.3.12||27392||Wednesday, August 21, 2019||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.11||61214||Monday, December 24, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.10||6548||Saturday, December 1, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.9||59||Thursday, November 29, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.8||6207||Tuesday, November 13, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.7||1118||Saturday, November 10, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.6||4883||Thursday, October 25, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.5||45921||Sunday, February 11, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.4||149||Thursday, March 29, 2018||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.3||17614||Friday, November 3, 2017||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.2||33653||Friday, December 16, 2016||Approved|
|Cmder 220.127.116.1161216||211||Friday, December 16, 2016||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.1||4464||Wednesday, November 30, 2016||Approved|
|Cmder 18.104.22.16860620-beta||757||Wednesday, June 22, 2016||Exempted|
|Cmder 1.3.0||10738||Wednesday, July 20, 2016||Approved|
|Cmder 1.3.0-beta||296||Saturday, May 21, 2016||Exempted|
|Cmder 1.2.9-beta||194||Saturday, May 21, 2016||Exempted|
|Cmder 22.214.171.124||306||Wednesday, June 22, 2016||Approved|
Copyright © 2013 Samuel Vasko
- This discussion is only about Cmder and the Cmder package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Cmder, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.