Downloads of v 1.12
West Wind DeleteFiles
DeleteFiles is a small Windows command line utility that deletes files and folders recursively down folder hierarchies using standard command line wildcard path syntax. It supports deeply nested folder structures that exceed Windows' MAX_PATH limit (like deep NPM hierarchies). You can also optionally specify a time cut off for files to be deleted with day and second filters - for example you can delete files with a file spec that are 7 days old.
Files can be hard deleted, sent to the recycle bin or you can run a preview to see what would be deleted.
To install West Wind DeleteFiles, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install deletefiles
To upgrade West Wind DeleteFiles, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade deletefiles
#NOTE: Please remove any commented lines to tidy up prior to releasing the package, including this one $packageName = 'DeleteFiles' # arbitrary name for the package, used in messages $url = 'https://github.com/RickStrahl/DeleteFiles/raw/master/Distribution/DeleteFiles.zip' # download url $drop = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" # main helpers - these have error handling tucked into them already # installer, will assert administrative rights # if removing $url64, please remove from here Install-ChocolateyZipPackage $packageName $url $drop
Virus Scan Results
- DeleteFiles.zip (d6bc8b786ce1) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- DeleteFiles.exe (3c07e593f7a1) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- DeleteFiles.1.12.nupkg (d94f12e8e986) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
West Wind Technologies, 2014-2015
This release adds support for paths longer than MAX_PATH to allow deleting any kind of nested structure.
|West Wind DeleteFiles 1.14||1276||Monday, April 27, 2015||approved|
|West Wind DeleteFiles 1.12||472||Tuesday, March 24, 2015||approved|
|West Wind DeleteFiles 1.11||317||Friday, March 13, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the West Wind DeleteFiles Package
- This discussion is only about West Wind DeleteFiles and the West Wind DeleteFiles package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or West Wind DeleteFiles, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.