Downloads of v 1.0.2
This package performs miscellaneous actions to customize your command line experience.
1. Set environment variable « chocolateybinroot » to C:\Tools, only if it's not already set. Some packages that would otherwise install into system root will look for this variable. Packages that behave in this way are: Ruby, Python etc - almost any package that is not comfortable with spaces in filenames.
2. Permanently sets HOME environment variable to a valid value, if not already set.
3. Installs « setenv » command that refreshes environment variables without the need to restart command shell. Sometimes very useful.
4. Establishes a flexible system of auto-run include files, specified in user's home directory. After that, any file residing in home directory looking like « .bashrc.include.*.bat » gets auto-executed at every command shell start.
Automatic uninstall procedure is included in this package, so you don't need to manually reverse whatever actions installer did. This procedure will unset « chocolateybinroot » variable (1.) but will not do anything to remove effects of (2.), (3.) and (4.) because these settings are very unobtrusive.
NOTE: Phrase « Devbox » in a name of this package is used as signature to indicate high quality standards. Functionally, the package is the same as any other Chocolatey package.
To install Devbox Common Settings, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install devbox-common
To upgrade Devbox Common Settings, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade devbox-common
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- Devbox-Common.1.0.2.nupkg (8d4127e09815) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Devbox-Common.extension (≥ 1.0.0)
|Devbox Common Settings 1.0.2||9536||Monday, April 22, 2013|
Discussion for the Devbox Common Settings Package
- This discussion is only about Devbox Common Settings and the Devbox Common Settings package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Devbox Common Settings, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.