Downloads of v 220.127.116.1130422
Git is a free and open source distributed version control and source code management (SCM) system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
Initially designed and developed by Linus Torvalds for Linux kernel development, Git has since been adopted by many other projects.
Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. It outclasses other SCM tools with features like cheap local branching, convenient staging areas, and multiple workflows.
This package will also:
- add Git (both \bin and \cmd) to PATH
- set global Git configuration « core.autocrlf » to false
- fix message « WARNING: terminal is not fully functional » when running log or diff commands
NOTE: This is still Git version 18.104.22.168. This package has been improved from previous version so we needed to increase the version number from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.19930420.
NOTE: Automatic uninstall procedure is included in this package, so you don't need to manually reverse whatever actions installer did.
NOTE: Phrase « Devbox » in a name of this package is used as signature to indicate high quality standards. Functionally, the package is the same as any other Chocolatey package.
To install Devbox Git, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install devbox-git
To upgrade Devbox Git, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade devbox-git
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- Devbox-Git.188.8.131.5230422.nupkg (3ffd37ce48a4) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Git-184.108.40.206-preview20130201.exe (796ac91f0c74) - ## / 53 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
Copyright (c) 2010, Maximus5
Lot of improvements and fixes
|Devbox Git 220.127.116.1130422||802||Monday, April 22, 2013|
Discussion for the Devbox Git Package
- This discussion is only about Devbox Git and the Devbox Git package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Devbox Git, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.