Downloads of v 126.96.36.19941122
GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable text editor—and more. At its core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp programming language with extensions to support text editing. Chocolatey package source: http://github.com/cbilson/EmacsChocolateyPackage
To install Emacs, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install emacs
To upgrade Emacs, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade emacs
# EmacsChocolateyPackage ## Installation Use [Chocolatey](http://chocolatey.org/) to install this package: ```powershell > cinst emacs ``` ## Hacking Ah, yes, the real reason I made this readme. I can never remember how to deploy this. 1. CD to the directory where you've checked out the source. 2. Type `cpack`. To deploy, just go to the chocolatey website and upload the package. ### Even Better ```powershell > cpack ... # get api key from https://chocolatey.org/account # only need to this once > nuget setApiKey deadbeef-dead-beef-dead-deaddeadbeef -Source http://chocolatey.org/ ... > cpush ``` ## Versioning Apparently I need a unique version number to use the `cpush` command mentioned above, so from now on, the emacs chocolatey package will be versioned with first 3 segments from the emacs version, final segment as the date of the release, as described [here](https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/wiki/CreatePackages#package-fix-version-notation).
$emacsNameVersion = 'emacs-24.4' $src = "http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/$($emacsNameVersion)-bin-i686-pc-mingw32.zip" $toolsDir = Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition Install-ChocolateyZipPackage 'Emacs' $src $toolsDir
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
|Emacs 188.8.131.5241122||1931||Sunday, November 23, 2014||approved|
|Emacs 184.108.40.20640722||1563||Monday, July 21, 2014|
|Emacs 220.127.116.1140721||28||Monday, July 21, 2014|
|Emacs 18.104.22.16840716||101||Wednesday, July 16, 2014|
|Emacs 24.3||2054||Wednesday, June 5, 2013|
|Emacs 24.2||524||Wednesday, September 26, 2012|
|Emacs 22.214.171.124-SNAPSHOT||80||Wednesday, May 16, 2012|
|Emacs 24.1||144||Wednesday, August 8, 2012|
|Emacs 126.96.36.199||120||Thursday, April 5, 2012|
Discussion for the Emacs Package
- This discussion is only about Emacs and the Emacs package. If you have feedback for chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Emacs, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.