Downloads of v 0.6.3
Unlike CygWin or Msys, native ports do not rely on some kind of Unix emulation, so that there is no need to install additional emulation libraries. At present, all developments have been done under MS-Windows-XP, using the Mingw port of the GNU C and C++ (GCC) compilers. Utilities and libraries provided by GnuWin, are used and distributed with packages such as GNU Emacs and KDE-Windows.
This package can be installed multiple times. Only updated tools since the last install will be downloaded and installed.
The packages that have been ported, fall into four broad categories:
GNU utilities: bc, bison, chess, compface, cpio, coreutils (fileutils, sh-utils, stat, textutils), diffutils, doschk, ed, findutils, flex, gawk, gdbm, gcal, gengetopt, gettext, gperf, grep, groff, gsl, gzip, hello, help2man, iconv, jwhois, less, m4, miscfiles, patch, readline, regex, rx, sed, sharutils, tar, texinfo, tree, units, unrtf, wget, which
Archivers and compressors: arc, arj, bsdtar, bzip2, gzip, lha, libarchive, unzip / zip, zlib
Other utilities: byacc, cpuid, cygutils, file, ntfsprogs, openssl, pcre, popt, re2c, rpl, sgrep, tree, x86info
Graphics packages: asciichart, compface, gd, jpeg, jbigkit, liburt, libungif, libpng and png utilities, libwmf, netpbm, piechart, plotutils, tiff, xpm, zimg
Textprocessing- and postscript-related packages: a2ps, barcode, bm2font, deroff, dvidj, enscript, freetype, grap, gri, groff, indent, libxml, nenscript, pdflib, polyglotman, psutils, scribe2latex, src-highlite, t1lib, t1utils, troff2latex, ttf2pt1, unrtf
Mathematical and statistical packages: bc, calc, crypt, fdlibm, gsl, units
Some other characteristics of GnuWin are:
GnuWin always provides the source, which usually is also required by the license of the original package, with any changes from the original source in the form of a diff.
GnuWin always provides the documentation in a 'compiled' form, i.e. as PDF, HTML, PS, DVI, CHM, and HLP.
GnuWin provides import libraries for MSVC and BCC wherever possible.
To install GnuWin, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install gnuwin
To upgrade GnuWin, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade gnuwin
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- GetGnuWin32-0.6.3.exe (39bfad224e2b) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- GnuWin.0.6.3.nupkg (7f397c88b990) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
|GnuWin 0.6.3.1||9734||Sunday, January 22, 2012|
|GnuWin 0.6.3||295||Wednesday, January 18, 2012|
Discussion for the GnuWin Package
- This discussion is only about GnuWin and the GnuWin package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GnuWin, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.