Downloads of v 1.00
QUESTION: "Why do I need an installer for Chocolatey when I already have Chocolatey installed?"
ANSWER: You need it for the NEXT time you want to install Chocolatey and it will make the task much EASIER!
I wrote this as a batch file a couple of years ago so I wouldn't constantly have to reference Chocolatey.org for the VERY long command to install Chocolatey. I put in some basic error checking for administrator privileges, network connectivity, date checking, etc. I then placed the batchfile on my local server, on my website, in Dropbox, on USB thumbdrives, everywhere I could think of so I'd have easy access to it. I've used it for my computers, friend's computers, client's computers, and almost every Wintel computer I've touched in the last few years. It has served me well and saved me time. I've now stripped out all the annoying pauses, made it no-interaction-required, and compiled it to an executable program called InstChoco. It's now suitable for other people to use as well. My EUREKA! moment in re-creating this as an executable and expanding it's features was after writing my Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud script. I realized I could go a step further by integrating Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud along with InstChoco for a complete backup and recovery solution of my/your/his/her/their/everyone's Chocolatey packages. I hope InstChoco serves you well and saves you time!
- InstChoco uses Rob's "Install with cmd.exe" method for installing Chocolatey.
- InstChoco integrates with Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud to provide a very convienant way to reinstall Chocolatey and your backed up packages list.
- InstChoco will enable up to four choco features if you pass them as parameters, i.e. allowGlobalConfirmation, failOnAutoUninstaller, allowEmptyChecksums, etc.
- InstChoco will automatically run CINST PACKAGES.CONFIG -Y if packages.config is found in the current directory.
You can find InstChoco.exe in \programdata\chocolatey\lib\instchoco\tools. I tell you this because I KNOW you want to copy it to your local server, website, Dropbox, USB thumbdrives, and everywhere you can think of so you'll have easy access to it.
Usage: InstChoco -y
To install (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install instchoco
To upgrade (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade instchoco
md5: FFE8D86741E845D1FDBE5AF03B6D7D71 | sha1: 4D875BCE69C413542BF5EB8CB668B80885DBD108 | sha256: 99366BD182946F7AAAF0070244F8F96CC160274E85892F5AD3D54F658444908B | sha512: 2C94EDBF9BD0D4E7B098556069C9741ACAB4D075D8E67DA7F47E85CDF9EE43873CD03C621AD7F2A6AAB6EBB08762A345A9DEB661E4CEAECD52E517697F7C6A3C
==================== InstChoco ==================== InstChoco is free and Copylefted by Bill Curran. SEE: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/copyleft.en.html https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html bcurran3 08/19/2017 ==================== InstChoco ====================
==================== InstChoco ==================== This InstChoco Chocolatey package was uploaded by the author, Bill Curran aka BCURRAN3. ==================== InstChoco ====================
Virus Scan Results
- InstChoco.1.00.nupkg (8c9c1bf536e9) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- InstChoco.exe (99366bd18294) - ## / 65 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.11||2238||Monday, July 15, 2019||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.10||917||Sunday, February 24, 2019||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.02||953||Tuesday, May 22, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.01||166||Sunday, May 20, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.00||191||Thursday, May 17, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 1.10||148||Tuesday, January 30, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 1.00||363||Saturday, August 19, 2017||approved|
Discussion for the (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) Package
- This discussion is only about (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) and the (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.