Downloads of v 2.10
To use choco:// protocol URLs, install (unofficial) choco:// protocol support
InstChoco - The ULTIMATE Chocolatey and Chocolatey packages (re)installer!
QUESTION: "Why do I need an installer for Chocolatey when I already have Chocolatey installed?"
ANSWER: You need InstChoco for the NEXT time you want to install Chocolatey and automate package (re)installation!
InstChoco is the evolution of an old batch file I’ve used over the years to automate installing Chocolatey followed by a bunch of "choco install packagename -y" commands to install my standard toolset of programs. In 2017 I turned that old batch file into a program with many additional features. Thus, InstChoco was born. I also integrated InstChoco with other Chocolatey packages I've created. InstChoco is especially useful when used along with Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud. What you see now is the culmination of many long hard hours of work making InstChoco the ULTIMATE Chocolatey and Chocolatey packages (re)installer! InstChoco is extremely feature rich, but I'm always open to new ideas and features. Feel free to contact me with feedback or suggestions.
To download InstChoco directly, click here.
To install (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install instchoco
To upgrade (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade instchoco
==================== InstChoco ==================== This InstChoco Chocolatey package was uploaded by the author, Bill Curran aka BCURRAN3. The original file can be downloaded and verified via it's product page at: http://lacomputerbuddy.com/InstChoco/ v2.10 sha256: C3021264215BBE9FC43148F3249D9D96F8E406800A7844189E96D6F526DD09E5 v2.02 sha256: 811FBE3BD37F40A4253B2D54DD940C9B67F321B94240FC82E63DA37728097E46 v2.01 sha256: 3E89A851FB69070D09D80CF409C45612CE7678221ADE6AA248844C599D347256 v2.00 sha256: 87AC9E9E30193268058476E72DDA9593E4FDB795AC76029B70A5217FB63A436E v1.30 sha256: D9B593CF4EBC390360DE1BA801103D0A3208F1602C2B10072500D80E09FF74DE v1.21 sha256: 59498D9BB5AECB5EFE022F544D3537C5C3886C4478B1711FFDE2666AF0F83D75 v1.20 sha256: C41F13CDDA1B147F3B41E5C9F9FE4B9A5BFA8C9AFD722A23DF579D485F241354 v1.10 sha256: 4FD57C57A7F7BEC7891AD8CB8D645126336965F7151EB0B514E8A6F49DDF4076 v1.00 sha256: 99366BD182946F7AAAF0070244F8F96CC160274E85892F5AD3D54F658444908B ==================== InstChoco ====================
==================== InstChoco ==================== LICENSE INFORMATION: InstChoco is Copyright 2017-2019 Bill Curran and is free for personal use, though donations are encouraged. Donations can be made via PayPal at https://www.paypal.me/bcurran3donations Commercial use of InstChoco requires a license. A limited 5 day non-production evaluation is permitted. Organizations who purchase an InstChoco license will receive a customized version of InstChoco with their organization's name embedded in the program and without corporate nag screens. To inquire about purchasing a license, please contact [email protected] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- InstChoco uses the following freely distributable licensed software for Chocolatey offline installation: 7-Zip License information: https://www.7-zip.org/license.txt Chocolatey License information: https://github.com/chocolatey/choco/blob/master/LICENSE ==================== InstChoco ====================
md5: F2AFD80950BBF31281C42CD90E65C87E | sha1: 3FE254F5B797A22E2E054640EFD46A2403CBF3C5 | sha256: C3021264215BBE9FC43148F3249D9D96F8E406800A7844189E96D6F526DD09E5 | sha512: B2380DB880A92E1804EB7A7088E99DE056CBA46903D17F76A28ADAEF3F1DA8A0C9A48D3F78D82E27790282FC63B63C5F8C22A1CB4F1CD79048DA66FDDE29E84C
Virus Scan Results
- InstChoco.exe (c3021264215b) - ## / 65 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- InstChoco.2.10.nupkg (3e699fd57f7b) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright 2017-2019 Bill Curran
- 2.10 - Added -offline Chocolatey install option.
- 2.02 - Removed legacy date checking and connectivity checking which only worked in English environments.
- 2.01 - Fixed bug with non-domain joined computers.
- 2.00 - Added -browse, -popular, -backup, -backupwithversions, -license options as well as many cosmetic changes. Added iCloudDrive support. Commercial use of InstChoco v2+ requires a paid license.
- 1.30 - Added ability to download a packages.config file from the web and install packages from it.
- 1.21 - Added Box, Nextcloud, and Seafile support to catch up with choco-package-list-backup.
- 1.20 - Added domain support to install predefined packages for domain joined computers and user specific packages.
- 1.11 - (unreleased) Added -ynp switch to skip installation of packages. (Install Chocolatey only)
- 1.10 - Added Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud and Choco Persistent Packages support for package (re)installation. Cosmetic changes. Checks for year 2018 or greater instead of 2017 or greater. Updated donation info. :)
- 1.00 - Initial release.
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.10||621||Sunday, February 24, 2019||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.02||931||Tuesday, May 22, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.01||146||Sunday, May 20, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 2.00||176||Thursday, May 17, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 1.10||134||Tuesday, January 30, 2018||approved|
|(unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) 1.00||346||Saturday, August 19, 2017||approved|
Discussion for the (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) Package
- This discussion is only about (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) and the (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or (unofficial) InstChoco (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.