Downloads of v 1.8.5
MakeMKV is your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. It is currently in beta and free using the registration key that can be found in the forums (see licence).
MakeMKV is a format converter, otherwise called "transcoder". It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
Additionally MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.
To install MakeMKV, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install makemkv
To upgrade MakeMKV, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade makemkv
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- Setup_MakeMKV_v1.9.9.exe (f4e12e714b78) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- MakeMKV.1.8.5.nupkg (15fa70cb20e0) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Updated to version 1.8.5.
|MakeMKV 1.14.4||2361||Sunday, June 30, 2019||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.14.3||2383||Saturday, April 6, 2019||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.14.2||2423||Thursday, December 20, 2018||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.14.1||1410||Saturday, November 10, 2018||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.12.3||1779||Monday, August 20, 2018||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.12.0||2277||Wednesday, February 7, 2018||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.10.8||1403||Saturday, December 2, 2017||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.10.7||1012||Monday, October 30, 2017||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.10.6||1875||Monday, May 29, 2017||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.10.5||838||Sunday, April 30, 2017||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.10.4||1394||Wednesday, January 25, 2017||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.10.0||1363||Sunday, July 17, 2016||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.10||547||Sunday, April 17, 2016||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.9||677||Monday, February 29, 2016||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.8||703||Tuesday, December 22, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.7||336||Tuesday, October 6, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.6||277||Sunday, September 27, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.5||271||Tuesday, September 1, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.4||295||Thursday, June 25, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.2||294||Thursday, April 9, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.1||1371||Thursday, January 29, 2015||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.9.0||625||Sunday, December 21, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.14||596||Thursday, October 23, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.13||530||Wednesday, September 3, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.11||549||Wednesday, June 18, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.10||588||Monday, April 28, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.9||589||Thursday, February 27, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.8||462||Sunday, February 2, 2014||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.7||432||Sunday, December 15, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.6||399||Tuesday, November 19, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.5||497||Sunday, September 15, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.4||414||Friday, July 19, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.3||570||Sunday, May 26, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.2||421||Monday, May 13, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.1||402||Tuesday, April 23, 2013||approved|
|MakeMKV 1.8.0||416||Sunday, March 31, 2013||approved|
Discussion for the MakeMKV Package
- This discussion is only about MakeMKV and the MakeMKV package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or MakeMKV, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.