Downloads of v 11.0.60507.1
Best Practices Analyzer: install on the TFS Server (Application Tier)
Process Template Editor: VS Pro and up
Other: Team Explorer or VS Pro and up
Note: VS Express users download Team Explorer for free to use the power tools (except for the Process Template Editor)
Best Practices Analyzer
A diagnostic tool that you can use to perform the following actions:
•Verify that the deployment for Team Foundation Server is configured according to recommended best practices
•Identify the source of problems in an unhealthy deployment
•Take a snapshot of the configuration of a deployment
•Obtain usage data about the volume of data stored or accessed in the past 14 days. Includes specific information about database tables that have a tendency to grow and that may need to be reduced in size.
A Visual Studio add-in, located under the Team | Team Project Settings | Source Control menu. It adds the following checkin policies:
Custom Path Policy This policy scopes other policies to specific folders or file types
Forbidden Patterns Policy This policy prevents users from checking in files with fobidden filename patterns
Work Item Query Policy This policy allows you to specify a work item query whose results will be the only legal work items for a check-in to be associated with
Process Template Editor
A Visual Studio add-in, located under the Tools menu. The Process Template Editor provides a graphical user interface for customizing work items (field, workflow and the form) and process templates.
This tool enables you to create shapes for the PowerPoint storyboarding add-in with custom resize logic.
Team Explorer Enhancements
This tool provides additional Visual Studio menu options and functions to support finding files under version control by status or wildcard, opening a folder using File Explorer from the Source Control Explorer context menu, and
To install Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install tfspowertools2012
To upgrade Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade tfspowertools2012
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools.msi (a988f052d1d8) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- TFSPowerTools2012.11.0.60507.1.nupkg (eb17970472ca) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2012 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Try to fix issue that cause re-install to fail
|Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools 11.0.60507.1||565||Thursday, August 1, 2013|
|Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools 11.0.60507.0||239||Monday, May 13, 2013|
Discussion for the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools Package
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools and the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2 Power Tools, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.