Downloads of v 188.8.131.52
Visual Studio 2017 Community
Free, full-featured and extensible tool for students, open-source and individual developers.
Customizations and Optional features
By default, the package installs only the bare minimum required (the Core Editor workload). The easiest way to add more development features is to use the workload packages:
- Azure development
- Data storage and processing
- .NET desktop development
- Game development with Unity
- Linux development with C++
- Desktop development with C++
- Game development with C++
- Mobile development with C++
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Mobile development with .NET
- ASP.NET and web development
- Node.js development
- Universal Windows Platform development
- Visual Studio extension development
All package parameters are passed to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --wait by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
After installing the package, more features can also be added by launching the Visual Studio Installer application from the Start Menu.
The language of the installed software can be controlled using the package parameter
The list of languages is presented here. By default, the operating system display language is used.
This command will install Visual Studio with all available workloads and optional components, display progress during the installation and specify the English language regardless of operating system settings:
choco install visualstudio2017community --package-parameters "--allWorkloads --includeRecommended --includeOptional --passive --locale en-US"
A reboot may be required after (or even before) installing/uninstalling this package.
If control over reboots is required, please install the dependencies (like dotnet4.6.2 or later) first, perform a reboot if needed, and then continue with the VS package install.
Install-VisualStudio ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017community' ` -ApplicationName 'Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017' ` -Url 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/71abe122-a155-4bef-a8af-567a9cda0194/67c9a5a506ad3c62739105232a47889f/vs_community.exe' ` -Checksum 'DFCE665A9A4728DC7AE1F26521AE9C709C34E5C13E0724845106CACBADD09F89' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -InstallerTechnology 'WillowVS2017OrLater' ` -Product 'Community' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017'
Remove-VisualStudioProduct ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017community' ` -Product 'Community' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017'
Virus Scan Results
- Newtonsoft.Json.dll (575e30f98e4e) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.RemoteControl.dll (311de9ec9607) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource.dll (c4d2b78f6339) - ## / 68 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Common.dll (afe231ce4055) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Interop.dll (6bf946850aec) - ## / 67 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.dll (ca170a458e6d) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Download.dll (f6bd59fb339b) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Engine.dll (cd8ff90b53f5) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.dll (5f793af36157) - ## / 67 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Microsoft.VisualStudio.Utilities.Internal.dll (325c1e4c9286) - ## / 67 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- vs_setup_bootstrapper.exe (a5b6fb1f2707) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- vs_setup_bootstrapper.resources.dll (254226cfc0f1) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- VisualStudio2017Community.184.108.40.206.nupkg (5e65981d3b50) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Package metadata updated for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7.4 (the native installer always installs the latest released Visual Studio 2017 build).
- Updated bootstrapper url.
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 220.127.116.11||564||Wednesday, October 17, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 18.104.22.168||1736||Tuesday, October 2, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 22.214.171.124||3674||Monday, September 3, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Community 126.96.36.199||1661||Thursday, August 16, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the Visual Studio 2017 Community Package
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio 2017 Community and the Visual Studio 2017 Community package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio 2017 Community, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.