Downloads of v 0.75
West Wind WebSurge
West Wind WebSurge is an easy to use Web load testing tool that makes it easy to capture or enter a series of Web requests, and test them interactively or under automated heavy load. The goal is to make the process of creating, managing and playing back of HTTP requests easy, so you can test and re-test your sites frequently and catch performance or application issues early in the development cycle.
Use our built-in Web capture tool to capture and filter Web sessions from Web Browsers or Windows applications, use Telerik's Fiddler or manually create sessions using plain text HTTP headers in a text file. All HTTP request data is stored as plain HTTP headers, so it's easy to create, edit or generate test sessions manually of via code.
Capture HTML requests, AJAX, REST and SOAP services. Capture SSL requests, provide POST data and custom headers - anything HTTP supports you can use in your session. Once captured play back the session under load by running for a specified time and number of simultaneous sessions. See summarized results, a few simple graphs and examine individual requests and failures. Finally a command line tool is available to automate load tests from the command prompt or with shell scripts.
To install West Wind WebSurge, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install westwindwebsurge
To upgrade West Wind WebSurge, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade westwindwebsurge
#NOTE: Please remove any commented lines to tidy up prior to releasing the package, including this one $packageName = 'WestwindWebSurge' # arbitrary name for the package, used in messages $fileType = 'exe' #only one of these: exe, msi, msu $url = 'http://west-wind.com/files/WebSurgeSetup.exe' # download url #$url64 = 'URL_x64_HERE' # 64bit URL here or remove - if installer decides, then use $url $silentArgs = '/q' # "/s /S /q /Q /quiet /silent /SILENT /VERYSILENT" # try any of these to get the silent installer #msi is always /quiet $validExitCodes = @(0) #please insert other valid exit codes here, exit codes for ms http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368542(VS.85).aspx # main helpers - these have error handling tucked into them already # installer, will assert administrative rights # if removing $url64, please remove from here Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "$fileType" "$silentArgs" "$url" -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Virus Scan Results
- WebSurgeSetup.exe (aa76cd37d689) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- WestwindWebSurge.0.75.nupkg (47a521556286) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
West Wind Technologies, 2014-2015
This update adds a few more filters for request processing including query string overrides, and authorization header overrides. There are also many improvements in the Session creation and management UI to make it easier to create and test individual URLs and add them to sessions.
|West Wind WebSurge 1.10||239||Friday, July 6, 2018||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.9.1||183||Wednesday, May 9, 2018||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.8.5||590||Saturday, August 19, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.8.0||151||Saturday, August 12, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.7.1||197||Friday, July 14, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.7.0||142||Thursday, July 13, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.6.0||146||Wednesday, July 12, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.3.0||206||Thursday, May 25, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.02||322||Monday, February 20, 2017||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 1.0||575||Tuesday, September 1, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.95||233||Monday, July 27, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.90||227||Wednesday, July 8, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.87||256||Tuesday, May 19, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.86||239||Friday, May 8, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.85||264||Tuesday, April 28, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.80||282||Sunday, April 5, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.78||247||Tuesday, March 10, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.77||196||Tuesday, February 10, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.75||240||Tuesday, January 20, 2015||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.73||250||Friday, November 21, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.72||326||Tuesday, October 28, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.70||246||Tuesday, October 7, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.69||266||Friday, September 5, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.68||281||Friday, August 15, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.67||280||Tuesday, August 5, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.65||263||Tuesday, July 29, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.61||266||Monday, July 21, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.60||297||Saturday, July 12, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.55||244||Tuesday, June 10, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.50||249||Tuesday, May 27, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.45||274||Wednesday, May 21, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.40||265||Monday, May 5, 2014||approved|
|West Wind WebSurge 0.35||257||Wednesday, April 30, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the West Wind WebSurge Package
- This discussion is only about West Wind WebSurge and the West Wind WebSurge package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or West Wind WebSurge, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.