Downloads of v 9.0
WinImage is a fully-fledged disk-imaging suite for easy creation, reading and editing of many image formats and fileystems, including DMF, VHD, FAT, ISO, NTFS and Linux. The disk image is an exact copy of a physical disk (floppy, CD-ROM, hard disk, USB, VHD disk, etc.) or a partition that preserves the original structure. With WinImage in place, you can recreate the disk image on the hard drive or other media, view its content, extract image-based files, add new files and directories, change the format, and defragment the image. All this and more is delivered in one intuitive user interface that enables imaging right out of the box.
The program has many utilitarian uses at home and in the office. As a serious PC user, you probably have tons of old but still useful floppy disks. With WinImage in place, you can turn them into disk images, which can be stored on the hard drive and recreated, when a need arises. In combination with a CD creating tool, WinImage can help you create your own custom boot disk with hardware diagnostic or virus cleaning software to bring a problem PC back up and running without being in Windows. As a hard-disk backup solution, WinImage allows you to save hours and even days restoring a system and configurations on a machine that has experienced a hard-disk crash or software corruption. Along with homes and offices, this ability is a must for training classes, where restoring torn down PC configurations quickly is critical.
To install WinImage, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install winimage
To upgrade WinImage, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade winimage
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- WinImage.9.0.nupkg (3619dcd6035f) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- wima6490.zip (92a35b1d1271) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- winima90.zip (c38e7da3a166) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
New for version 9.00
WinImage can be used as portable software (without installation and registry modification), using Xml preference options.
Write FAT16 or Fat32 bootable image to a removable drive, after erasing, and rebuild partitition table.
|WinImage 9.0||2330||Sunday, July 14, 2013||approved|
Discussion for the WinImage Package
- This discussion is only about WinImage and the WinImage package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WinImage, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.