Downloads of v 1.0.2
Windows 8 has a new feature where the Aero colors can be automatically adjusted according to the selected wallpaper.
This seems to be a nice feature, and there's even a tool available that offers that feature for Windows 7: Aura.
But there are some things about Aura that bother me, so I hacked together my own tool which offers that feature.
Unlike Aura, AAClr is written in plain C++ and doesn't use the .NET Framework. For tools that are supposed to be started automatically on logon, this ensures that the whole startup time doesn't increase by several seconds.
AAClr also detects changes in wallpapers by catching events from the system and doesn't use timers that access the wallpaper file several times a second (like Aura does). That means that AAClr is idle most of the time and only wakes up when necessary.
And about resource usage: AAClr uses less than 2MB of private bytes - I think that's not too much.
To install Auto Aero Colors (AAClr), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install aaclr
To upgrade Auto Aero Colors (AAClr), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade aaclr
$packageName = 'aaclr' $url = 'https://stexbar.googlecode.com/files/AAClr-1.0.2.zip' $checksum = 'bd3dd74a453d4704aac112db5bdc88e7880aeeaf' $checksumType = 'sha1' $url64 = 'https://stexbar.googlecode.com/files/AAClr64-1.0.2.zip' $checksum64 = '6c2b51030bf70a5c2f15180f26e69c2343adc97a' $checksumType64 = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- aaclr.1.0.2.nupkg (53c5e9a10a6a) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- AAClr64-1.0.2.zip (29fdfaeebaa8) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- AAClr-1.0.2.zip (84f554dd12b2) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© Stefan Kueng
|Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) 1.0.2||536||Sunday, March 29, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) Package
- This discussion is only about Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) and the Auto Aero Colors (AAClr) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Auto Aero Colors (AAClr), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.