Downloads of v 1.00
This utility allows you to easily disable/enable ActiveX components on Internet Explorer browser.
It disables the desired ActiveX component by setting the "kill bit" of the desired CLSID under the following Registry key:
HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility
For more information about this Registry key, read this Microsoft article.
To install ActiveX Compatibility Manager, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install acm
To upgrade ActiveX Compatibility Manager, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade acm
$packageName = 'acm' $url = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/acm.zip' $checksum = 'd8e72608dc0af289433b3bff181eb88c8376762a' $checksumType = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- acm.1.00.nupkg (fe3e3840089a) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- acm.zip (f06016105b01) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2004 NirSoft
|ActiveX Compatibility Manager 1.00||593||Thursday, February 4, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the ActiveX Compatibility Manager Package
- This discussion is only about ActiveX Compatibility Manager and the ActiveX Compatibility Manager package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ActiveX Compatibility Manager, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.