Downloads of v 1.06
Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities
These are the utilities I install on a fresh Windows dev virtual machine.
I recommend you set a user environment variable of "chocolateybinroot" with a value of "bin" or "tools" etc. This prevents packages like Ruby from installing in the root of C:.
The easiest way to set chocolateybinroot is to execute cinst binroot, then open a new console or restart your current console before installing this package.
Be patient. This package takes a long time to finish.
If possible, disable UAC before installing this package so that it can run unattended. Otherwise, you will have to approve each application's install.
To install Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install alanstevens.utils.vm
To upgrade Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade alanstevens.utils.vm
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- alanstevens.utils.vm.1.06.nupkg (4277ebb0f066) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.06||428||Friday, June 21, 2013|
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.05||344||Wednesday, June 19, 2013|
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.04||315||Tuesday, June 18, 2013|
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.03||324||Monday, June 17, 2013|
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.02||341||Monday, June 17, 2013|
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.01||343||Friday, November 23, 2012|
|Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities 1.00||330||Wednesday, November 21, 2012|
Discussion for the Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities Package
- This discussion is only about Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities and the Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Alan Stevens' Windows VM Utilities, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.