Downloads of v 0.0.9.6
BlockCheck is a tool for detecting website access restrictions methods of russian ISPs for websites which present in EAIS
You may not know that russian government deployed widespread internet censorship in that country. Official reestry of sites that forbidden to access (EAIS) counts ~98 000 webpages by January 2018. At least ~6 500 of them are politcal, says twitter.com/@RuBlackListNET, local human rights activists organisation.
Due to active adoption of HTTPS ISPs can't guess which webpages are watched. They are forced to block entire HTTPS-powered website to comply the law. Since exact method of restricting access is not set by the law, most of ISPs not use DPI.
Deploying DPI in 2018 costs large amount of money as well as some reputation loss, not saying about any privacy problems which may occur due to nature of DPI. Most of russian ISPs block all websites on a single IP. Human rights activists counted that by January 2018 ~4 334 000 of websites blocked illegitimately due to most websites are hosted on servers which IPs is shared between multiple websites.
To install BlockCheck, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install blockcheck
To upgrade BlockCheck, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade blockcheck
Get-ChocolateyWebFile "$env:chocolateyPackageName" "$(Split-Path -Parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)\blockcheck.exe" 'https://github.com/ValdikSS/blockcheck/releases/download/0.0.9.6/blockcheck-0.0.9.6-windows.exe' -Checksum 'b5aa82ea803ccf7315ca53659b214aa9ed43aaf9a7d903bbcb77ac82811d0429' -ChecksumType 'sha256'
Virus Scan Results
- blockcheck.0.0.9.6.nupkg (11b3f41fa5fd) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- blockcheck-0.0.9.6-windows.exe (b5aa82ea803c) - ## / 67 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright (c) ValdikSS 2014-2018
|BlockCheck 0.0.9.6||270||Sunday, January 7, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the BlockCheck Package
- This discussion is only about BlockCheck and the BlockCheck package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or BlockCheck, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.