Downloads of v 0.2.0
checksum - Command line file checksum validator.
Determine a checksum for a file
checksum checks a file and returns a checksum for md5, sha1, and sha2 (sha256 and sha512).
To use checksum you would simply provide a file path and it will return the sum for the file.
checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -t=sha256
Validate a file against an existing signature
You can also check against an existing signature.
To validate against an existing signature (hash) you would simply provide the file and the expected signature. When checking a signature, if the signature is valid it exits with 0, otherwise it exits with a non-zero exit code.
checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -c=8AC4EA9A7B18E67EA97088220C40041B355A2C3049AA4E290D1F65A94BEFA9EF
checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -c=8AC4EA9A7B18E67EA97088220C40041B355A2C3049AA4E290D1F65A94BEFA9EF -t sha256
checksum [-t=sha1|sha256|sha512|md5] [-c=signature] [-f=]filepath
-?, --help, -h
Prints out the options.
REQUIRED: file - The is the name of the file. The file should exist
-t, --type, --hashtype=VALUE
Optional: hashtype - 'md5', 'sha1', 'sha256', or 'sha512'. Defaults to 'md5' or is determined by length of passed check value.
Optional: check - the signature you want to check. Not case sensitive.
To install checksum, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install checksum
To upgrade checksum, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade checksum
md5: 5CA71CBFF5A8DE7E5E30B6E94CD42069 | sha1: 991701A32492D743430627CBFBD56D6884C32588 | sha256: 23FBD1EE66FCE6872E97B2FE84C409AB30A74FE8720B722BC6F8BAE6E7764C04 | sha512: 77E31EC0DCA4E4895D3A4C0E84C6C1516D94089763F1735CAC150EFCD4EEC36107BB810E24D94C1208B7A80881D858DBFE887B32DA6F6D8F0C48F21C2525D0BE
Virus Scan Results
- checksum.0.2.0.nupkg (09b6052e7167) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- checksum.exe (23fbd1ee66fc) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
2014-Present RealDimensions Software, LLC
|checksum 0.2.0||36365||Wednesday, March 22, 2017||approved|
|checksum 0.1.0||1571||Monday, September 5, 2016||approved|
|checksum 0.0.3||709||Monday, September 28, 2015||approved|
|checksum 0.0.2||946||Sunday, March 2, 2014||approved|
|checksum 0.0.1||296||Saturday, March 1, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the checksum Package
- This discussion is only about checksum and the checksum package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or checksum, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.