Downloads of v 2.8.7
You can use the diff command to show differences between two files, or each corresponding file in two directories. diff outputs differences between files line by line in any of several formats, selectable by command line options. This set of differences is often called a
diff' orpatch'. For files that are identical, diff normally produces no output; for binary (non-text) files, diff normally reports only that they are different.
You can use the cmp command to show the offsets and line numbers where two files differ. cmp can also show all the characters that differ between the two files, side by side.
You can use the diff3 command to show differences among three files. When two people have made independent changes to a common original, diff3 can report the differences between the original and the two changed versions, and can produce a merged file that contains both persons' changes together with warnings about conflicts.
You can use the sdiff command to merge two files interactively.
To install GNU DiffUtils for Windows, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install diffutils
To upgrade GNU DiffUtils for Windows, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade diffutils
$packageName = 'diffutils-2.8.7' $url = 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/diffutils/2.8.7-1/diffutils-2.8.7-1-bin.zip' $checksum = '9e0d232d7a15b4b7b72556ecc2710a42' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` "$packageName" ` "$url" ` "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" ` -Checksum $checksum ` -ChecksumType md5 $packageNameDep = 'diffutils-2.8.7-dep' $urlDep = 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/diffutils/2.8.7-1/diffutils-2.8.7-1-dep.zip' $checksumDep = '8535974bc8999a18a7329eefe5340ca4' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` "$packageNameDep" ` "$urlDep" ` "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" ` -Checksum $checksumDep ` -ChecksumType md5
Virus Scan Results
- diff.exe (f449ce40db50) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- diffutils.2.8.7.nupkg (668498c80dff) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- cmp.exe (ae1e0741de0f) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- diff3.exe (d770ac96fa4f) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- sdiff.exe (e471e4063ac7) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- libiconv2.dll (3ec2d1a924ef) - ## / 64 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- libintl3.dll (4da1d8bc01e8) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- diffutils-2.8.7-1-bin.zip (6d64ee291c9b) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- diffutils-2.8.7-1-dep.zip (9b64b20aa9e0) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|GNU DiffUtils for Windows 2.8.7||2513||Friday, November 18, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the GNU DiffUtils for Windows Package
- This discussion is only about GNU DiffUtils for Windows and the GNU DiffUtils for Windows package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GNU DiffUtils for Windows, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.