Downloads of v 22.214.171.124-preview8
The .NET Framework is a development platform for building apps for web, Windows, Windows Phone, Windows Server, and Microsoft Azure. It consists of the common language runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework class library, which includes a broad range of functionality and support for many industry standards.
This is a metapackage intended to help transition from earlier Chocolatey .NET Framework packaging convention. Actual installation is performed by the dotnetfx package.
Note that due to the way package dependencies work in Chocolatey, if you install this package and the dotnetfx package is not installed yet, Chocolatey will install the latest dotnetfx package version, which may be newer than 4.8.0. If you need to install specifically .NET Framework 4.8.0, install that version of the dotnetfx package (
choco install dotnetfx --version 4.8.0).
To install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install dotnet4.8
To upgrade Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade dotnet4.8
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- dotnet126.96.36.199.0.0-preview8.nupkg (4e248cbda671) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- dotnetfx (≥ 188.8.131.52-preview8)
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 184.108.40.206-preview8||29||Friday, February 22, 2019||exempted|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 220.127.116.11-preview6||33||Saturday, January 5, 2019||exempted|
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 18.104.22.168-preview3||68||Sunday, October 7, 2018||exempted|
Discussion for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Package
- This discussion is only about Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.