Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 3.0.13:
06 Nov 2019
- Katrina Owen
Tags:exercism code review learning
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 26 Aug 2020.
Exercism takes place in two places: the discussions happen on the website, and you work on exercises locally. The CLI bridges the gap, allowing you to fetch exercises and submit solutions to the site.
Exercism is all about having conversations about code. In order to start having those conversations, you need to
install the exercism command line client. The exercism command line client is the all-in-one tool for fetching
and submitting code. Exercism provides a launching point for this to occur. Here's how it works:
- You fetch some challenges in the form of README documents. These include associated test suites.
- Then write code in order to make the tests pass.
- Submit the code and begin the conversation with others.
By repeating this process you will:
- Share while discussing how YOU solved the problem.
- Learn from others as you discover how they solved the same problem.
- Gain experience through repeated practice solving problems.
This is a stand-alone binary, which means that you don't need to install any particular language or environment in order to use it. To install, download the archive that matches your operating system and architecture, unpack the archive, and put the binary somewhere on your path. You will need to configure the CLI with your Exercism API Key before submitting. For more detailed instructions, see the CLI page on Exercism.
$packageName = 'exercism-io-cli' $url = 'https://github.com/exercism/cli/releases/download/v3.0.13/exercism-windows-32bit.zip' $url64 = 'https://github.com/exercism/cli/releases/download/v3.0.13/exercism-windows-64bit.zip' $installDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$installDir" "$url64"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- exercism-io-cli.3.0.13.nupkg (3b0ef4cb2ca6) - ## / 59
- exercism-windows-64bit.zip (06fa62c88749) - ## / 60
- exercism-windows-32bit.zip (07b8ddd743b0) - ## / 62
- exercism.exe (741cd109ffb9) - ## / 72
- exercism.exe (2cad980ee29a) - ## / 69
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.13||841||Wednesday, November 6, 2019||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.12||412||Tuesday, July 9, 2019||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.11||606||Tuesday, November 20, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.10||152||Thursday, November 15, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.9||394||Thursday, August 30, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.8||210||Thursday, August 23, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.6||326||Friday, July 27, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.5||246||Wednesday, July 18, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.4||193||Tuesday, July 17, 2018||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.4.1||5025||Saturday, July 1, 2017||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.4.0||841||Friday, June 9, 2017||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.3.0||5788||Friday, September 2, 2016||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.6||540||Thursday, July 7, 2016||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.5||393||Tuesday, April 5, 2016||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.4||553||Monday, February 1, 2016||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.3||361||Monday, December 28, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.1||304||Tuesday, August 11, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.0||309||Monday, June 29, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.1.1||671||Wednesday, May 13, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.1.0||263||Friday, May 8, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.0.2||325||Thursday, April 2, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.0.1||317||Wednesday, March 25, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.0.0||565||Thursday, March 5, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.9.2||546||Monday, January 12, 2015||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.9.0||576||Tuesday, December 2, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.8.2||602||Friday, October 24, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.8.1||313||Thursday, October 23, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.8.0||371||Thursday, October 16, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.5||476||Monday, October 6, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.4||624||Sunday, September 28, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 184.108.40.206||322||Saturday, September 27, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.3||305||Saturday, September 27, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.2||317||Wednesday, September 24, 2014||Approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.1||305||Wednesday, September 24, 2014||Approved|
© 2018 Katrina Owen
- This release improves security and error handling. Releases are now generated by GoReleaser.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Exercism.io CLI and the Exercism.io CLI package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Exercism.io CLI, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.