Downloads of v 2.4.1
Exercism takes place in two places: the discussions happen on the website, and you work on exercises locally. The CLI bridges the gap, allowing you to fetch exercises and submit solutions to the site.
Exercism is all about having conversations about code. In order to start having those conversations, you need to
install the exercism command line client. The exercism command line client is the all-in-one tool for fetching
and submitting code. Exercism provides a launching point for this to occur. Here's how it works:
- You fetch some challenges in the form of README documents. These include associated test suites.
- Then write code in order to make the tests pass.
- Submit the code and begin the conversation with others.
By repeating this process you will:
- Share while discussing how YOU solved the problem.
- Learn from others as you discover how they solved the same problem.
- Gain experience through repeated practice solving problems.
This is a stand-alone binary, which means that you don't need to install any particular language or environment in order to use it. To install, download the archive that matches your operating system and architecture, unpack the archive, and put the binary somewhere on your path. You will need to configure the CLI with your Exercism API Key before submitting. For more detailed instructions, see the CLI page on Exercism.
To install Exercism.io CLI, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install exercism-io-cli
To upgrade Exercism.io CLI, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade exercism-io-cli
$packageName = 'exercism-io-cli' $url = 'https://github.com/exercism/cli/releases/download/v2.4.1/exercism-windows-32bit.zip' $url64 = 'https://github.com/exercism/cli/releases/download/v2.4.1/exercism-windows-64bit.zip' $installDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$installDir" "$url64"
Virus Scan Results
- exercism-io-cli.2.4.1.nupkg (a2772b4a76c5) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- exercism.exe (dfdd4ae11d6c) - ## / 62 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- exercism.exe (0b4ab9a7daa2) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- exercism-windows-64bit.zip (38b51d8d320c) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- exercism-windows-32bit.zip (df2369ad0b2c) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2017 Katrina Owen
- @Tonkpils fixed the exercism upgrade command for Windows!
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.5||70||Wednesday, July 18, 2018||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 3.0.4||41||Tuesday, July 17, 2018||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.4.1||4843||Saturday, July 1, 2017||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.4.0||702||Friday, June 9, 2017||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.3.0||5647||Friday, September 2, 2016||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.6||439||Thursday, July 7, 2016||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.5||283||Tuesday, April 5, 2016||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.4||370||Monday, February 1, 2016||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.3||252||Monday, December 28, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.1||162||Tuesday, August 11, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.2.0||168||Monday, June 29, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.1.1||550||Wednesday, May 13, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.1.0||146||Friday, May 8, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.0.2||170||Thursday, April 2, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.0.1||204||Wednesday, March 25, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 2.0.0||428||Thursday, March 5, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.9.2||428||Monday, January 12, 2015||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.9.0||446||Tuesday, December 2, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.8.2||499||Friday, October 24, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.8.1||184||Thursday, October 23, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.8.0||259||Thursday, October 16, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.5||348||Monday, October 6, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.4||495||Sunday, September 28, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 184.108.40.206||204||Saturday, September 27, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.3||180||Saturday, September 27, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.2||189||Wednesday, September 24, 2014||approved|
|Exercism.io CLI 1.7.1||188||Wednesday, September 24, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the Exercism.io CLI Package
- This discussion is only about Exercism.io CLI and the Exercism.io CLI package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Exercism.io CLI, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.