Downloads of v 7.0.0
fd is a simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to
While it does not seek to mirror all of find's powerful functionality, it provides sensible
(opinionated) defaults for 80% of the use cases.
- Convenient syntax:
fd PATTERNinstead of
find -iname '*PATTERN*'.
- Colorized terminal output (similar to ls).
- It's fast.
- Smart case: the search is case-insensitive by default. It switches to
case-sensitive if the pattern contains an uppercase
- Ignores hidden directories and files, by default.
- Ignores patterns from your
.gitignore, by default.
- Regular expressions.
- The command name is 50% shorter* than
- Parallel command execution with a syntax similar to GNU Parallel.
To install fd, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install fd
To upgrade fd, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade fd
$packageName = 'fd' $url32 = 'https://github.com/sharkdp/fd/releases/download/v7.0.0/fd-v7.0.0-i686-pc-windows-gnu.zip' $url64 = 'https://github.com/sharkdp/fd/releases/download/v7.0.0/fd-v7.0.0-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu.zip' $checksum32 = '864312a830a4a2e29d49aac1bb7c25ab55e223590406e79b8cbc5b16836e58e4' $checksum64 = '074e280b3399aa2792cb3ae1fe20afab5f0465d69a07a694dbfbbbea2908211d' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url32" ` -Url64Bit "$url64" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum32" ` -ChecksumType "sha256" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "sha256" `
Virus Scan Results
- fd.7.0.0.nupkg (402171c54d8c) - ## / 60 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- fd-v7.0.0-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu.zip (074e280b3399) - ## / 52 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- fd-v7.0.0-i686-pc-windows-gnu.zip (864312a830a4) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- fd.exe (dc74182b22c9) - ## / 66 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- fd.exe (538ae5344931) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|fd 7.1.0||2||Wednesday, September 19, 2018||waiting for maintainer|
|fd 7.0.0||449||Monday, March 26, 2018||approved|
|fd 6.3.0||130||Wednesday, February 14, 2018||approved|
|fd 6.2.0||104||Sunday, January 28, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the fd Package
- This discussion is only about fd and the fd package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or fd, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.