Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.3.4531.20140718:
18 Jul 2014
Tags:ffdshow DirectShow codec video audio subtitles
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Passing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
ffdshow tryouts is a DirectShow and Video for Windows codec with support for a wide range of audio and video formats, such as Xvid, DivX, and H.264. It includes a powerful filter set that can enhance the video quality – with filters for resizing, deinterlacing, and displaying subtitles – as well as audio quality through normalization, down-/upmixing, and resampling.
ffdshow + X = ffdshow tryouts
The ffdshow tryouts project is a fork of the original ffdshow project. This fork was created by a group of members at Doom9.org. The last modification to the source code of the original project was done back in May 2006. The ffdshow tryouts project has continued where the original project stopped: Numerous bugs have been fixed, lots of code (that ffdshow borrows from the FFmpeg and Libav projects) has been updated, new features have been added as well as support for new formats.
This package installs the 32-bit version on a 32-bit system and the 64-bit version on a 64-bit system. If you want to install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit system, install ffdshow-x86_32.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- ffdshow.1.3.4531.20140718.nupkg (753d1415d40c) - ## / 56
- ffdshow_rev4531_20140628_x64.exe (9c196a9a572f) - ## / 56
- ffdshow_rev4531_20140628.exe (f6f20e307839) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
Starting from v1.3.4531.20140718, this package does no longer install both 32- and 64-bit versions on 64-bit systems.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about ffdshow tryouts and the ffdshow tryouts package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ffdshow tryouts, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.