Downloads of v 2.0
What is FAR?
- FAR is a tool for search and replace operations over multiple files. You can apply ordinary "word by word" replacement, or choose to use fully featured regular expressions.
- FAR automatically creates backups (unless you deselect this option) and is designed to operate on files dispersed over entire directory trees.
- For your comfort you may define search strings that span multiple lines by just typing multiple lines - no obscure construct like "$\r?(?s:.)^" is required.
- FAR wants to be this application that you only need once a year - but then you badly need it.
Why so FAR?
- FAR has been created out of the need to change the layout of a website with hundreds of html pages. While all editors know "find and replace", and many support regular expressions, there is only a few that allows to:
- Change a selection of files from different directories at once.
- Allow search (and replace) patterns that span multiple lines.
- Eventually FAR seeks to be fully platform independent. Being written in Java, it runs where Java runs.
How FAR Then?
- Future development will be guided by user feedback and personal experience. Searching in archives is the next major milestone. The capabilities of the build in text viewer might be extended as well, but all this shall be guided by two major concerns: stability and usability.
Who is FAR?
- FAR has been written by Olivier Wehner. I am a Java developer and I can't help it - I have no other hobbies.
To install FindAndReplace, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install findandreplace
To upgrade FindAndReplace, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade findandreplace
$packageName = 'findandreplace' $url = 'http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/findandreplace/findandreplace/2.0/FAR-2.0-win.zip' $location = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $desktop = [Environment]::GetFolderPath("Desktop") $shortcutFilePath = Join-Path -path $desktop -childpath 'far.lnk' $execDir = Join-Path -path $location -childpath 'far' $targetPath = Join-Path -path $execDir -childpath 'far.exe' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$location" Install-ChocolateyShortcut -shortcutFilePath $shortcutFilePath -targetPath $targetPath -workingDirectory $execDir
$packageName = 'findandreplace' $filename = 'FAR-2.0-win.zip' $desktop = [Environment]::GetFolderPath("Desktop") $shortcutFilePath = Join-Path -path $desktop -childpath 'far.lnk' Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$filename" Remove-Item $shortcutFilePath
Virus Scan Results
- findandreplace.2.0.nupkg (a6b781909ab9) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- FAR-2.0-win.zip (de420b650daa) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- javaruntime (≥ 8.0.66)
2.0 - You gotta Grep it 11-02-2016
- This release comes with a new tab, providing extraction functionality similar to the well known Grep utility. This will help you getting an overview over the content of any collection of files. And it allows you go generate condensed information from the content of spread sources. It is the second big feature I always wanted to integrate into FAR, and a huge step towards feature completion (if such thing exists). Together with the usual bugfixes and FARs ripe state it deserves a 2.0 version number. Come and grab one for yourself.
|FindAndReplace 2.0||251||Thursday, March 10, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the FindAndReplace Package
- This discussion is only about FindAndReplace and the FindAndReplace package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or FindAndReplace, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.