Downloads of v 1.24
Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment.
It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages.
Another goal was to be as independent as possible from a special Desktop Environment like KDE or GNOME - Geany only requires the GTK2 runtime libraries.
Some basic features of Geany:
* Syntax highlighting
* Code folding
* Symbol name auto-completion
* Construct completion/snippets
* Auto-closing of XML and HTML tags
* Call tips
* Many supported filetypes including C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal
Build system to compile and execute your code
Simple project management
To install Geany, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install geany
To upgrade Geany, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade geany
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- geany.1.24.nupkg (f39d80d8f11e) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- geany-1.24_setup.exe (6140cc437df9) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|Geany 1.35||677||Sunday, May 5, 2019||approved|
|Geany 1.34.1||899||Monday, January 28, 2019||approved|
|Geany 1.33||1818||Wednesday, February 28, 2018||approved|
|Geany 1.32||797||Tuesday, November 21, 2017||approved|
|Geany 1.31||1197||Monday, July 17, 2017||approved|
|Geany 1.30.1||804||Sunday, March 19, 2017||approved|
|Geany 1.30||383||Sunday, March 5, 2017||approved|
|Geany 1.29||787||Monday, November 14, 2016||approved|
|Geany 1.28||797||Wednesday, July 20, 2016||approved|
|Geany 1.27||440||Sunday, March 13, 2016||approved|
|Geany 1.26||547||Sunday, November 15, 2015||approved|
|Geany 1.25||261||Thursday, July 16, 2015||approved|
|Geany 1.24.20141201||1021||Sunday, November 30, 2014||approved|
|Geany 1.24||806||Monday, April 14, 2014||approved|
|Geany 1.23.1||542||Thursday, August 1, 2013|
|Geany 1.23||392||Sunday, May 12, 2013|
Discussion for the Geany Package
- This discussion is only about Geany and the Geany package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Geany, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.