Downloads of v 5.3.0
The GNU Core Utilities are the basic file, shell and text manipulation utilities of the GNU operating system.
These are the core utilities which are expected to exist on every operating system.
Source, pre-built binaries, installers and md5 signatures are available as gnuwin32 sourceforge files. They are presented through this nuget package without modification.
Additional information about the coreutils package can be found on the coreutils homepage.
Based on the text of the coreutils FAQ and this version's release date and source copyrights asserted in 2004 and 2005, copyright is attributed to FSF which at that time required new attributions to be assigned to FSF. A cursory search through the source finds that individual author copyright text is asserted in the source tree between 1984-2005.
Credit also unknown authors, since the AUTHORS file in source does not list every contributor for each utility, and the maintainer of the gnuwin32 tools.
To install GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install gnuwin32-coreutils.portable
To upgrade GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade gnuwin32-coreutils.portable
# Ugh. Requires a dep zip also. coreutils-5.3.0-dep.zip $ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'gnuwin32-coreutils.portable' $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/coreutils/5.3.0/coreutils-5.3.0-bin.zip' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $checksum = 'aa7ce7f1f2befb930fb156bddea41bc4' $checksumType = 'md5' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType # If we make the lib iconv deps another choco package, they'll never install into this package. :/ # I can either shove all the gnuwin32 into a shared directory and self-manage the individual file removals, # I can just also extract and download the deps zip here, # or I can try to manually shim things explicitly setting PATH for shims? $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/coreutils/5.3.0/coreutils-5.3.0-dep.zip' $checksum = '6cf05855b6902dffa2cf4ba8b90e82e6' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType
$packageName = 'gnuwin32-coreutils.portable' $zipfilename = $packageName + 'Install.zip' # Does this remove shims? # Remove-BinFile # This doesn't attrib -r files before trying to delete them. # su.exe had a problem on my test system. Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName $packageName -ZipFileName $zipfilename
Virus Scan Results
- gnuwin32-coreutils.portable.5.3.0.nupkg (32d0266681db) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- coreutils-5.3.0-bin.zip (5646a3c2d466) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright © 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
|GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) 5.3.0||8078||Friday, May 15, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) Package
- This discussion is only about GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) and the GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GnuWin32 CoreUtils for Windows (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.