Downloads of v 3.81
GNU make utility to maintain groups of programs
Make is a tool which controls the generation of executables and other non-source files of a program from the program's source files. Make gets its knowledge of how to build your program from a file called the makefile, which lists each of the non-source files and how to compute it from other files. When you write a program, you should write a makefile for it, so that it is possible to use Make to build and install the program.
Source, pre-built binaries, installers and md5 signatures are available as gnuwin32 sourceforge files. They are presented through this nuget package without modification.
Additional information about the coreutils package can be found on the make homepage.
Based on the AUTHORS file, this version's source asserts copyright each year 1997 through 2006, inclusive.
Credit also unknown authors, since the AUTHORS file in source does not list the maintainer of the gnuwin32 tools.
To install GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install gnuwin32-make.portable
To upgrade GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade gnuwin32-make.portable
# Ugh. Requires a dep zip also. make-3.81-dep.zip $ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'gnuwin32-make.portable' $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/make/3.81/make-3.81-bin.zip' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $checksum = '3521948bc27a31d1ade0dcb23be16d49' $checksumType = 'md5' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType # If we make the lib iconv deps another choco package, they'll never install into this package. :/ # I can either shove all the gnuwin32 into a shared directory and self-manage the individual file removals, # I can just also extract and download the deps zip here, # or I can try to manually shim things explicitly setting PATH for shims? $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/make/3.81/make-3.81-dep.zip' $checksum = '2edb5b27ab0818b727fb43494dc40a5f' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$toolsDir" -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType
$packageName = 'gnuwin32-make.portable' $zipfilename = $packageName + 'Install.zip' # Does this remove shims? # Remove-BinFile # This doesn't attrib -r files before trying to delete them. # su.exe had a problem on my test system. Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName $packageName -ZipFileName $zipfilename
Virus Scan Results
- make-3.81-bin.zip (ca23bc1d9370) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- gnuwin32-make.portable.3.81.nupkg (75d453158e1d) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright © 1997-2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
|GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable) 3.81||1283||Friday, May 15, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable) Package
- This discussion is only about GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable) and the GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GnuWin32 make for Windows (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.