Downloads of v 0.3.3.1
To say it straight in only one sentence: gpg4usb is a very easy to use portable-application, which combines a simple text-editor with a GnuPG-frontend to write, encrypt and decrypt your text-messages and files. gpg4usb should work on almost any computer you're working on, should it be a Linux-machine or even one with a Microsoft-OS running.
Almost the only thing required is an available usb-port you are allowed to access. With this application you can write safe and encrypted messages anywhere you are: should it be an internet-cafe, at work or somewhere else on holiday... and you always have the encryption-keys available for usage!
The usage of gpg4usb should be highly self-describing, since the user-interface and all the options it offers are clear cut: Simply execute the binary on your usb-pendrive and start typing e.g. the Mailtext you want to be encrypted. If you're done, choose the right gpg/pgp-key for the person you are writing to and hit the encrypt-icon at the top of the application-window. The resulting encrypted text you can save as a text-file to send it as mail-attachment, or copy it directly into your mail-user-agent or webmail-website. To make sure, you can read this message by yourself afterwards, encrypt it for the recipient and to yourself at the same time - if you want, you can mark as much keys as you want to encrypt for.
To install gpg4usb, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install gpg4usb
To upgrade gpg4usb, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade gpg4usb
$packageName = 'gpg4usb' $url = 'http://www.gpg4usb.org/gpg4usb-0.3.3-1.zip' $validExitCodes = @(0) Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)"
Virus Scan Results
- gpg4usb.0.3.3.1.nupkg (65643de9e1cc) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- gpg4usb-0.3.3-1.zip (7bb0998202cc) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
GNU General Public License (GPL)
|gpg4usb 0.3.3.1||755||Wednesday, August 20, 2014|
|gpg4usb 0.3.3||288||Sunday, July 13, 2014|
Discussion for the gpg4usb Package
- This discussion is only about gpg4usb and the gpg4usb package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or gpg4usb, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.