Downloads of v 4.4
Hashdeep is a set of cross-platform CLI tools to computer hashes, or message digests, for any number of files while optionally recursively digging through the directory structure. It can also take a list of known hashes and display the filenames of input files whose hashes either do or do not match any of the known hashes. This version supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger, and Whirlpool hashes.
Previously known as md5deep
- MD5 algorithm is defined in RFC 1321
- SHA1 algorithm is defined in FIPS 180-1
- SHA256 algorithm is defined FIPS 180-2
- Tiger algorithm is defined at http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~biham/Reports/Tiger/
- Whirlpool algorithm is defined at http://www.larc.usp.br/~pbarreto/WhirlpoolPage.html
Command line usage
64 to above commands to execute the 64-bit version
To install hashdeep, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install hashdeep
To upgrade hashdeep, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade hashdeep
$packageName = 'hashdeep' $url = 'https://github.com//jessek/hashdeep/releases/download/v4.4/md5deep-4.4.zip' $checksum = '047ff5311d821f667150f37695bd01b3' $checksumType = 'md5' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- hashdeep.4.4.nupkg (63980382b5c2) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- md5deep-4.4.zip (d5e85933e74e) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© Jesse Kornblum
- Automatically built and uploaded by dtgm
|hashdeep 4.4||1874||Sunday, July 19, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the hashdeep Package
- This discussion is only about hashdeep and the hashdeep package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or hashdeep, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.