Downloads of v 1.0
Windows Virtual PC requires processors capable of hardware-assisted virtualization with AMD-V™, Intel® VT or VIA® VT turned on in the BIOS. The HAV detection tool helps you check if the computer processor supports hardware virtualization. The tool also checks if this feature is enabled on the processor.
To install Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install havdetectiontool
To upgrade Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade havdetectiontool
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $tools = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition $content = Join-Path (Split-Path $tools) 'content' $exe = Join-Path $content 'havdetectiontool.exe' Get-ChocolateyWebFile ` -PackageName 'havdetectiontool' ` -Url 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/9/F/19FD407F-A7E9-4393-A845-D0B1F539678E/havdetectiontool.exe' ` -Checksum 'ed10ff694ceeb71c24af25d9f3c2b964' ` -FileFullPath $exe
Virus Scan Results
- havdetectiontool.1.0.nupkg (2af58cb6002a) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- havdetectiontool.exe (f01003819ec2) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool 1.0||296||Friday, August 28, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool Package
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool and the Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.