Downloads of v 1.36
The Quake 3 engine is open source. The Quake III: Arena game itself is not free. You must purchase the game to use the data and play Quake 3 with ioquake3. If you do not want to do that you can play another game made with ioquake3.
What is ioquake3?
ioquake3 is a free software first person shooter engine based on the Quake 3: Arena and Quake 3: Team Arena source code. The source code is licensed under the GPL version 2, and was first released under that license by id software on August 20th, 2005. Since then, we have been cleaning it up, fixing bugs, and adding features. Our permanent goal is to create the open source Quake 3 distribution upon which people base their games, ports to new platforms, and other projects. We have developed the perfect version of the engine for playing Quake 3: Arena, Team Arena, and all popular mods on modern platforms like Linux, Windows 7, 8, and 10, Mac OS X Mavericks and Mac OS X Yosemite.
What can I do with ioquake3?
You can use it to play Quake 3: Arena, Quake 3: Team Arena, and the mods people have made for those games. See our Player’s Guide for instructions and help playing ioquake3, or our SysAdmin Guide to get started running your own game server.
You can make your own game from our source code in git on gibhub.
Or play a game that other great teams using ioquake3 have made.
To install ioquake3, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install ioquake3
To upgrade ioquake3, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade ioquake3
#Install-VirtualPackage 'ioquake3-data' 'ioquake3.install'
Virus Scan Results
- ioquake3.1.36.nupkg (04da0d89c7e6) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
|ioquake3 1.36||469||Wednesday, January 13, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the ioquake3 Package
- This discussion is only about ioquake3 and the ioquake3 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ioquake3, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.