Downloads of v 188.8.131.5260512
KindleGen is a command line tool which enables publishers to work in an automated environment with a variety of source content including HTML, XHTML or EPUB. KindleGen converts this source content to a single file which supports both KF8 and Mobi formats enabling publishers to create great-looking books that work on all Kindle devices and apps.
KindleGen is officially supported by Amazon to convert files to the Kindle format. We recommend you use KindleGen to create content that is compatible with all Kindle devices and apps. Files created with third-party software may not work properly on current or future Kindle devices and apps.
Highlights of KindleGen functionality
- Support for all KF8 functionality
- Generates a single file supporting both KF8 and Mobi format
- Support for multiple source formats including HTML, XHTML and EPUB
To install KindleGen, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install kindlegen
To upgrade KindleGen, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade kindlegen
$tools = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition $content = Join-Path (Split-Path $tools) 'content' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` -PackageName 'kindlegen' ` -Url 'http://kindlegen.s3.amazonaws.com/kindlegen_win32_v2_9.zip' ` -Checksum '70B8401736684A1C390D4A95BA918283FCB3A36405C9A9895732DEB50274540B' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -UnzipLocation $content
Virus Scan Results
- kindlegen_win32_v2_9.zip (70b840173668) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- kindlegen.184.108.40.20660512.nupkg (12f17458bd68) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- kindlegen.exe (a5dd23418034) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|KindleGen 220.127.116.1160512||219||Thursday, May 12, 2016||approved|
|KindleGen 2.9||196||Friday, March 20, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the KindleGen Package
- This discussion is only about KindleGen and the KindleGen package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or KindleGen, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.