Downloads of v 1.19
Lzip can compress about as fast as gzip (lzip -0), or compress most files more than bzip2 (lzip -9). Decompression speed is intermediate between gzip and bzip2. Lzip is better than gzip and bzip2 from a data recovery perspective.
The lzip file format is designed for data sharing and long-term archiving, taking into account both data integrity and decoder availability:
- The lzip format provides very safe integrity checking and some data recovery means. The lziprecover program can repair bit-flip errors (one of the most common forms of data corruption) in lzip files, and provides data recovery capabilities, including error-checked merging of damaged copies of a file.
- The lzip format is as simple as possible (but not simpler). The lzip manual provides the source code of a simple decompressor along with a detailed explanation of how it works, so that with the only help of the lzip manual it would be possible for a digital archaeologist to extract the data from a lzip file long after quantum computers eventually render LZMA obsolete.
- Additionally the lzip reference implementation is copylefted, which guarantees that it will remain free forever.
To install lzip, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install lzip
To upgrade lzip, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade lzip
From: http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/ LICENSE Lzip is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
md5: 2F4F6DDF41F85C5FEA58E1CFF0E188FF | sha1: 0A1AA005DBDE6ED92F4FD67ED85ABE761938E579 | sha256: 4264300D63BAF81B95F1E01972FD0923BF7CDFF2C34DF0A27CA151E0C0357FE0 | sha512: 2CFFD5A980964EED8C499D0ED4595B45B48C62F29DFE1865230B3A356109D4DA4BB3075559C58B3569EF3A1AFECE4BCCB88D881B70135D1465CF75EEF2D9A537
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The tool was downloaded from the download page <http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lzip/> linked from the project site <http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/>. To verify the exe: 1. Go to <http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lzip/lzip-1.19-w32.zip> to download the released binary archive which includes "/bin/lzip.exe" 2. You can use one of the following methods to obtain the checksum - Use powershell function 'Get-Filehash' - Use chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' checksum type: sha256 checksum: 4264300D63BAF81B95F1E01972FD0923BF7CDFF2C34DF0A27CA151E0C0357FE0 File 'LICENSE.txt' is obtained from the project page text <http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/>
Virus Scan Results
- lzip.exe (4264300d63ba) - ## / 60 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- lzip.1.19.nupkg (995e30f2abff) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright (C) 2010 Antonio Diaz Diaz
This release contains most recent non-"pre" build from http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lzip/.
|lzip 1.19||544||Saturday, May 6, 2017||approved|
|lzip 1.19-pre1||199||Sunday, March 19, 2017||exempted|
Discussion for the lzip Package
- This discussion is only about lzip and the lzip package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or lzip, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.