Downloads of v 2.2
MD5 - Command Line Message Digest Utility
md5 [ -csignature ] [ -l ] [ -n ] [ -u ] [ -v ] [ -dinput_text | infile… ]
Computes the signature of the specified infile or the string supplied by the -d option and compares it against the specified signature. If the two signatures match, the exit status will be zero, otherwise the exit status will be 1. No signature is written; only the exit status is set. The signature to be checked must be specified as 32 hexadecimal digits.
A signature is computed for the given inputtext (which must be quoted if it contains white space characters) instead of input from infile or standard input. If input is specified with the -d option, no infile should be specified.
Use lower case letters for hexadecimal digits "a" through "f". By default, upper case letters are used. Note that the signature argument to the -c option may use upper or lower case hexadecimal digits (or a mix) regardless of the setting of this option.
Suppress printing the file name (or "-" for standard input) after the hexadecimal signature.
Write output to fname. If fname is "-", output is written to standard output, which is the default is no -o option is specified.
Print how-to-call information.
Print version information.
If no infile or -d option is specified or infile is a single "-", md5 reads from standard input. A single "-" on the command line causes all subsequent arguments to be treated as file names even if they begin with "-". If no -o option is specified or the fname is a single "-", output is sent to standard output. Input and output are processed strictly serially; consequently md5 may be used in pipelines.
To install MD5, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install md5
To upgrade MD5, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade md5
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- md5.2.2.nupkg (4b077943867f) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- md5.exe (770c0cdbb87b) - ## / 60 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|MD5 2.2||3790||Friday, February 28, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the MD5 Package
- This discussion is only about MD5 and the MD5 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or MD5, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.