Downloads of v 1.2
MD5sums has user-friendly output, including a percent done indicator when processing large files. With its various command line switches you can customize MD5sums for use in scripts.
The UNIX compatibility switch (-u) makes the output look like that from the Linux/BSD/UNIX md5 or md5sum commands.
Besides the normal command line usage (see md5sums.txt), MD5sums can also be easily added to the windows shell. Use Windows Explorer to access your user profile directory (one level up from the "Start Menu" directory). Locate the "SendTo" folder and create a shortcut inside it to "md5sums -p" (pause before returning).
If you have trouble locating your user profile directory, try this at the command prompt
echo %UserProfile% or powershell console
After adding MD5sums to the SendTo folder, you can select one or more files on the desktop (or in any other folder), and right-click to "Send To" md5sums. Each selected file will be processed.
This is a win32 console application. There is no GUI, but you can use Explorer to drag files over md5sums.exe to obtain their md5 hashes.
To install MD5sums, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install md5sums
To upgrade MD5sums, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade md5sums
$packageName = 'md5sums' $url = 'http://www.pc-tools.net/files/win32/freeware/md5sums-1.2.zip' $checksum = '2777a315b06360652b51007376a611e8a29e6350' $checksumType = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- md5sums.1.2.nupkg (9fd3b61e8b38) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- md5sums-1.2.zip (1c1ec4478016) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2004 Jem Berkes
|MD5sums 1.2||1787||Friday, April 3, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the MD5sums Package
- This discussion is only about MD5sums and the MD5sums package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or MD5sums, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.