Downloads of v 15.0.26228.0
Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017
If you don't already have Visual Studio installed on your computer, Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 provides the essential tools for building managed applications.
These tools previously were included in the .NET Framework, but they are now available as this separate download.
The Visual Basic and C# compilers are also included in this download.
This package installs MSBuild only. For Visual C++ Build Tools see visualcpp-build-tools package.
To install Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install microsoft-build-tools
To upgrade Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade microsoft-build-tools
$packageName = 'microsoft-build-tools' $installerType = 'EXE' $url = 'https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/A/8/5A8B8314-CA70-4225-9AF0-9E957C9771F7/vs_BuildTools.exe' $checksum = 'E77D433C44F3D0CBF7A3EFA497101DE93918C492C2EBCAEC79A1FAF593D419BC' $checksumType = 'sha256' $silentArgs = "--quiet --norestart --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.WebBuildTools" $validExitCodes = @(0,3010) Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "$installerType" "$silentArgs" "$url" -checksum "$checksum" -checksumType "$checksumType" -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Virus Scan Results
- vs_BuildTools.exe (e77d433c44f3) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- microsoft-build-tools.15.0.26228.0.nupkg (29e2aacbcac0) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
|Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 15.0.26320.2||43834||Monday, October 2, 2017||approved|
|Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 15.0.26228.0||26365||Thursday, March 16, 2017||approved|
|Microsoft Build Tools 2015 Update 3 14.0.25420.1||98455||Tuesday, July 19, 2016||approved|
|Microsoft Build Tools 2015 Update 2 14.0.25123.0||69518||Tuesday, June 14, 2016||approved|
|Microsoft Build Tools 2015 14.0.23107.10||15650||Sunday, August 23, 2015||approved|
|Microsoft Build Tools 2013 12.0.21005.20140416||145478||Wednesday, April 16, 2014||approved|
|Microsoft Build Tools 2013 12.0.21005.1||1247||Friday, April 11, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 Package
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 and the Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.