Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 220.127.116.1160625:
24 Jun 2016
Tags:admin microsoft message analyzer analyser wireshark network monitor packet trace sniff etw
Microsoft Message Analyzer
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Passing and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This package was approved by moderator dtgm on 24 Jun 2016.
Microsoft Message Analyzer is a new tool for capturing, displaying, and analyzing protocol messaging traffic and other system messages. Message Analyzer also enables you to import, aggregate, and analyze data from log and trace files. It is the successor to Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 and a key component in the Protocol Engineering Framework (PEF) that was created by Microsoft for the improvement of protocol design, development, documentation, testing, and support. With Message Analyzer, you can choose to capture data live or load archived message collections from multiple data sources simultaneously.
Message Analyzer enables you to display trace, log, and other message data in numerous data viewer formats, including a default tree grid view and other selectable graphical views that employ grids, charts, and timeline visualizer components which provide high-level data summaries and other statistics. It also enables you to configure your own custom data viewers. In addition, Message Analyzer is not only an effective tool for troubleshooting network issues, but for testing and verifying protocol implementations as well.
Please also visit Message Analyzer Team Blog (http://blogs.technet.com/MessageAnalyzer) for continued updates and helpful information.
$url32 = 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/8/3/283DE38A-5164-49DB-9883-9D1CC432174D/MessageAnalyzer.msi' $sha1Hash32 = '889F8532FDFC87DEB4B5DAE0839B417E1238D120' $url64 = 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/8/3/283DE38A-5164-49DB-9883-9D1CC432174D/MessageAnalyzer64.msi' $sha1Hash64 = '25C91F63AB70F0DD1B617DE312464D922324DE3F' Install-ChocolateyPackage 'microsoft-message-analyzer' 'msi' '/quiet' $url32 $url64 -checksumType 'sha1' -checksum64 $sha1Hash64 -checksum $sha1Hash32
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- microsoft-message-analyzer.18.104.22.16860625.nupkg (4c590fff766e) - ## / 56
- MessageAnalyzer64.msi (1e0fa1d13590) - ## / 54
- MessageAnalyzer.msi (aa97e4e36e54) - ## / 54
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 22.214.171.12460625||1014||Friday, June 24, 2016||Approved|
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 1.4||375||Thursday, March 17, 2016||Approved|
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 1.3.1||811||Tuesday, October 20, 2015||Approved|
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 1.3||773||Saturday, May 30, 2015||Approved|
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 1.2||945||Wednesday, January 21, 2015||Approved|
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 1.1||707||Thursday, September 18, 2014||Unknown|
|Microsoft Message Analyzer 1.0||694||Wednesday, February 5, 2014||Unknown|
© 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Message Analyzer and the Microsoft Message Analyzer package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Message Analyzer, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.