Downloads of v 2017.12.25
mpv is a fork of mplayer2 and MPlayer. It shares some features with the former projects while introducing many more.
Streamlined CLI options
MPlayer's options parser was improved to behave more like other CLI programs, and many option names and semantics were reworked to make them more intuitive and memorable.
On Screen Controller
While mpv has no official GUI, it has a small controller that is triggered by mouse movement.
High quality video output
mpv has a OpenGL based video output that is capable of many features loved by videophiles, such as video scaling with popular high quality algorithms, color management, frame timing, interpolation, and more.
GPU video decoding
mpv leverages the FFmpeg hwaccel APIs to support VDPAU, VAAPI, DXVA2, VDA and VideoToolbox video decode acceleration.
A straightforward C API was designed from the ground up to make mpv usable as a library and facilitate easy integration into other applications.
mpv is under active development, focusing on code refactoring and cleanups as well as adding features. Want a feature? Post a patch or request it!
To install mpv, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install mpv
To upgrade mpv, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade mpv
#Install-VirtualPackage 'mpv.portable' 'mpv.install'
Virus Scan Results
- mpv.2017.12.25.nupkg (ff4316b4748e) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- mpv.install (= 2017.12.25)
|mpv 2017.12.25||1066||Saturday, December 30, 2017||approved|
|mpv 2017.09.13||2507||Wednesday, September 13, 2017||approved|
|mpv 2017.07.18||1515||Thursday, July 20, 2017||approved|
|mpv 2017.04.23||1510||Wednesday, April 26, 2017||approved|
|mpv 2017.02.12||1242||Tuesday, February 14, 2017||approved|
|mpv 2016.12.25||926||Monday, December 26, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.11.20||744||Wednesday, November 23, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.10.20||800||Friday, October 21, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.08.26||563||Wednesday, September 7, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.08.16||629||Thursday, August 18, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.07.10||308||Monday, July 11, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.06.25||89||Saturday, June 25, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.04.11.1||120||Monday, May 9, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.04.11||325||Friday, April 15, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.02.29||426||Monday, February 29, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2016.01.18||370||Tuesday, January 19, 2016||approved|
|mpv 2015.12.11||257||Tuesday, December 29, 2015||approved|
|mpv Player 0.14.0.20151229||135||Tuesday, December 29, 2015||approved|
|mpv Player 0.14.0||180||Saturday, December 26, 2015||approved|
|mpv 0.9.2||243||Monday, August 24, 2015||approved|
|mpv 0.8.0||166||Saturday, February 21, 2015||approved|
|mpv 0.7.3||826||Sunday, February 1, 2015||approved|
|mpv 0.7.2||276||Wednesday, December 31, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the mpv Package
- This discussion is only about mpv and the mpv package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or mpv, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.