Downloads of v 4.2.1
mStream aims to be the simplest music streaming software around. mStream software will always be free and never have any advertisements
mStream is the name of the entire project. Each piece of software is given name like 'mStream Something'
mStream Server is the backbone behind the entire project. It's a music streaming server written with NodeJS. The code is available on github and you can use it to setup your own server, but it's going to take some work and it has a few dependencies.
mStream Express is a special version of the server the comes with all the dependencies pre-packaged. It also comes with a GUI config tool to makes setup as simple as possible. These modifications allow mStream Express to be run without installing anything.
Development of mStream was started around 2012. I had grown up using Winamp and at this point it was clear that it was time to move to something else. There was old PC collecting dust in my closet so I put Ubuntu on it, moved all my music to it, and started writing scripts to organize my collection's metadata. After a few weeks I had my own, primitive, music streaming service.
mStream Server was worked on as a hobby project for the next few years. During that time I experimented with different server software and rewrote the whole thing from scratch at least twice. Finally I settled on using NodeJS and started work on the latest version of mStream Server. I put this code on Github and one day someone posted a bug about the code crashing on Windows. At this point I had only run it on Linux. It took me a day to get it to install it on Windows, and another half a day to cleanup some Windows exclusive bugs. I still don't recommend installing mStream Server on Windows, it hasn't gotten much easier since then.
That whole Windows ordeal got me curious how other server software handled working on windows. The short answer is: not well. Every server I tried took a lot of time and technical knowledge to get up and running on Windows. So I came up with a challenge, to make a version of mStream Server that could be setup on Windows in under 5 minutes.
mStream Express is the product of this self-imposed challenge. It's so simple that you can get a server up and running in under a minute.
To install mstream, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install mstream
To upgrade mstream, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade mstream
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- mstream.4.2.1.nupkg (1bc5c5e8a873) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- mstream.install (= 4.2.1)
|mstream 4.2.1||44||Thursday, May 9, 2019||approved|
|mstream 4.2.0||20||Wednesday, May 1, 2019||approved|
|mstream 4.1.2||18||Tuesday, April 30, 2019||approved|
|mstream 4.0.1||32||Sunday, March 24, 2019||approved|
|mstream 0.6||193||Saturday, January 27, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the mstream Package
- This discussion is only about mstream and the mstream package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or mstream, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.