Downloads of v 2.5.3
Nano is ANOther editor. The nano project was started because of a few "problems" with the wonderfully easy-to-use and friendly Pico text editor.
First and foremost was its license: the Pine suite does not use the GPL or a GPL-friendly license, and has unclear restrictions on
redistribution. Because of this, Pine and Pico are not included with many GNU/Linux distributions. Also, other features (like go-to-line-number or search-and-replace) were unavailable until recently or require a command-line flag. Yuck.
nano aims to solve these problems by emulating the functionality of Pico as closely as possible while addressing the problems above and providing other extra functionality.
To install GNU nano, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install nano
To upgrade GNU nano, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade nano
$packageName = 'nano' $url = 'http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v2.5/NT/nano-2.5.3.zip' $checksum = 'b4ecf6ad6ae46e7c4e29b115b1503722133591d9' $checksumType = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- nano.2.5.3.nupkg (67dd2647831c) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- nano-2.5.3.zip (c012456b9f29) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2002 GNU Project
- Automatically built and uploaded by dtgm
|GNU nano 2.5.3||11528||Thursday, February 25, 2016||approved|
|GNU nano 2.5.2||325||Friday, February 12, 2016||approved|
|GNU nano 2.5.1||504||Monday, January 11, 2016||approved|
|GNU nano 2.5.0||306||Sunday, December 6, 2015||approved|
|GNU nano 2.4.1||131||Monday, April 27, 2015||approved|
|Nano 2.2.6||4195||Saturday, October 20, 2012||approved|
Discussion for the GNU nano Package
- This discussion is only about GNU nano and the GNU nano package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GNU nano, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.