Downloads of v 1.01
NirExt allows you to change the icon of any folder you want, and change the text that appears when the mouse cursor moves over the folder.
The NirExt utility adds 3 useful context menu extensions to your Windows Explorer environment:
- Folder Properties: This option is available in the context menu when you right-click on a folder in your file system. It allows you change the icon of any folder you want, and change the text that appears when the mouse cursor moves over the folder.
- Advanced Run: This option is available in the context menu when you right-click on an executable file (*.EXE). It allows you to instantly run an application with command-line and some other options.
- Create Shortcut: This option is available in the context menu when you right-click on any file in your system. It allows you to instantly create a shortcut and drop it into one of the following folders: Desktop, Start Menu, Programs folder under Start Menu, Common Desktop (for all users), Common Start Menu (for all users), and Common Programs folder (for all users) under Start Menu.
To install NirExt, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install nirext
To upgrade NirExt, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade nirext
$packageName = 'nirext' $url = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nirext.zip' $checksum = 'e34f37b0874273b13f16aa83c769a1aa846376f0' $checksumType = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- nirext.1.01.nupkg (b782468c1b81) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- nirext.zip (e9b0af090788) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2003 NirSoft
|NirExt 1.01||470||Thursday, April 2, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the NirExt Package
- This discussion is only about NirExt and the NirExt package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or NirExt, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.