Downloads of v 2015.03.02
OpenSCAD is a software for creating solid 3D CAD models. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, Windows and Mac OS X. Unlike most free software for creating 3D models (such as Blender) it does not focus on the artistic aspects of 3D modelling but instead on the CAD aspects. Thus it might be the application you are looking for when you are planning to create 3D models of machine parts but pretty sure is not what you are looking for when you are more interested in creating computer-animated movies.
OpenSCAD is not an interactive modeller. Instead it is something like a 3D-compiler that reads in a script file that describes the object and renders the 3D model from this script file. This gives you (the designer) full control over the modelling process and enables you to easily change any step in the modelling process or make designs that are defined by configurable parameters.
OpenSCAD provides two main modelling techniques: First there is constructive solid geometry (aka CSG) and second there is extrusion of 2D outlines. As data exchange format format for this 2D outlines Autocad DXF files are used. In addition to 2D paths for extrusion it is also possible to read design parameters from DXF files. Besides DXF files OpenSCAD can read and create 3D models in the STL and OFF file formats.
Summary of changes:
- Added text() module for 2D text
- Added offset() module for 2D offsets
- Added list comprehensions and let()
- Added concat() function
- Added chr() function
- surface() can now take PNG images as input
- min() and max() can now take a vector argument
- 2D minkowski can now handle polygons with holes
- Variables can now be assigned in local blocks without using assign()
- Added Toolbar icons
- New code editor based on QScintilla
- Added Splash screen
- Added SVG export
- Added AMF export
- Added --viewall and --autocenter cmd-line parameters
- GUI is now translated into German, Czech, Spanish, French and Russian
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) is now available on all platforms
- Color schemes for viewer and editor can be user-edited using JSON files
- GUI components are now dockable
- Added Tickmarks on axes
- Performance improvement: 2D (clipper), preview, hull, minkowski, surface
- Performance improvement: Reduce duplicate evaluation of identical expressions
- Better recursion behavior
- STL export and import is now more robust
- Internal cavities are better supported
- New examples
- Windows cmd-line behaves better
- Better mirror() and scale() behavior when using negative factors
- polyhedron() now takes a faces= argument rather than triangles=
- assign() is no longer needed. Local variables can be created in any scope
To install openscad, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install openscad
To upgrade openscad, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade openscad
$packageName = 'openscad' $url = 'http://files.openscad.org/OpenSCAD-2015.03-2-x86-32-Installer.exe' $url64 = 'http://files.openscad.org/OpenSCAD-2015.03-2-x86-64-Installer.exe' Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "exe" "/S" "$url" "$url64"
Virus Scan Results
- openscad.2015.03.02.nupkg (1ee1086cd948) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- OpenSCAD-2015.03-2-x86-64-Installer.exe (316b95c1fc02) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- OpenSCAD-2015.03-2-x86-32-Installer.exe (bac692606d4d) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|openscad - The Programmers Solid 3D CAD Modeller 2019.05||207||Sunday, June 2, 2019||approved|
|openscad 2015.03.02||2120||Saturday, February 27, 2016||approved|
|openscad 2015.03.01||370||Tuesday, September 8, 2015||approved|
|openscad 2014.3||474||Tuesday, October 14, 2014|
Discussion for the openscad Package
- This discussion is only about openscad and the openscad package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or openscad, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.