Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.3.0:
30 Jun 2014
- Gordon Thiesfeld
Tags:pik ruby admin
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Passing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved by moderator mwrock on 26 Oct 2014.
Pik is a tool to manage multiple versions of ruby on Windows. It can be used from the Windows command line (cmd.exe), Windows PowerShell, or Git Bash. I have yet to test on cygwin.
- add - Adds another ruby location to pik.
- benchmark|bench - Runs bencmarks with all versions that pik is aware of.
- checkup|cu - Checks your environment for current Ruby best practices.
- config - Adds/modifies configuration options.
- default - Switches back to the default settings.
- gem - Runs the gem command with all versions that pik is aware of.
- gemsync - Synchronizes gems from the version specified to the current version.
- help - Displays help information.
- implode - Removes your pik configuration.
- info - Displays information about the current ruby version.
- install|in - Downloads and installs different ruby versions.
- list|ls - Lists ruby versions that pik is aware of.
- rake - Runs the rake command with all versions that pik is aware of.
- remove|rm - Removes a ruby location from pik.
- ruby|rb - Runs ruby with all versions that pik is aware of.
- run - Runs command with all versions of ruby that pik is aware of.
- switch|sw|use - Switches ruby versions based on patterns.
- tag - Adds the given tag to the current version.
- tags - Runs the pik command against the given tags.
- uninstall|unin - Deletes a ruby version from the filesystem and removes it from Pik.
- update|up - updates pik.
For help on a particular command, use 'pik help COMMAND'.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Pik (Ruby) 0.3.0||2411||Monday, June 30, 2014||Approved|
|Pik (Ruby) 0.2.8.20131116||729||Saturday, November 16, 2013||Unknown|
|Pik (Ruby) 0.2.8.20131110||478||Monday, November 11, 2013||Unknown|
|Pik (Ruby) 0.2.8.20130423||671||Monday, April 22, 2013||Unknown|
|Pik (Ruby) 0.2.8.20130422||474||Monday, April 22, 2013||Unknown|
|Pik (Ruby) 0.2.8||715||Friday, February 17, 2012||Unknown|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Pik (Ruby) and the Pik (Ruby) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Pik (Ruby), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.