Downloads of v 0.0.20150213
PNGOUT optimizes the size of .PNG files losslessly. It uses the same deflate compressor I wrote for KZIP.EXE (see below). With the right options, it can often beat other programs by 5-10%. That includes pngcrush -brute, optipng -o7, advpng -z4, etc.. PNGOUT is a great tool for optimizing the size of web pages or squeezing game content onto mobile devices. Almost all .PNG files on my website were optimized with PNGOUT.
To install PNGOUT, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install pngout
To upgrade PNGOUT, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade pngout
$tools = Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition $content = Join-Path (Split-Path $tools) 'content' $target = Join-Path $content 'pngout.exe' Get-ChocolateyWebFile ` -PackageName 'pngout' ` -Url 'http://advsys.net/ken/util/pngout.exe' ` -Checksum '843F0BE42E86680C1663C4EF58EB0677ACE15FC29AB23897C83F4B7E5AF3EF36' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -FileFullPath $target
Virus Scan Results
- pngout.exe (843f0be42e86) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- pngout.0.0.20150213.nupkg (89d2ea5315de) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|PNGOUT 0.0.20150213||198||Thursday, May 12, 2016||approved|
|PNGOUT 0.0.20110702||575||Sunday, December 25, 2011|
Discussion for the PNGOUT Package
- This discussion is only about PNGOUT and the PNGOUT package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or PNGOUT, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.